Moderate NAT type

Hello, i bought xr500 router a week ago, before buying the router i had the knowledge on how to set up the router, open my NAT type, etc. On the first couple days i managed to open my NAT type but suddenly it returned to moderate. I would appreciate if any one can help solve this problem. 
my setup:

pc

Modem/router: Huawei H112-370 - 5G/4G network

netgear XR500

On 3/2/2021 at 9:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Can you tell us what you changed initially to try and get an Open NAT? Where are you viewing the NAT status?

hello, sorry for the late reply

in the beginning i obtained open NAT type by putting the XR500 WAN IP in the modem DMZ. that is all i did but now after couple days it returned to moderate. i tried port forwarding, checking the NAT filtering on the xr500 to open, and all other things listed in DumaOS optimal guide but nothing seems to fix it, its a matter of time till it returns to moderate. for now the only way seems to work is by doing a reset to both my modem and xr500 but its so frustrating. 

i am viewing my NAT status in CoD modern warfare, warzone, and cold war.

• Administrators

Did you give the XR500 a static IP on the modem? If not then the IP may have changed and therefore the DMZ won't be applying to it anymore. Double check that and then give it a static IP and it won't happen again.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you give the XR500 a static IP on the modem? If not then the IP may have changed and therefore the DMZ won't be applying to it anymore. Double check that and then give it a static IP and it won't happen again.

How do i give XR500 a static IP on the modem? This is new to me can you tell me how please. 

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is really dependent on your particular modem, if you look up the model of the modem you can find the manual which should let you know how. It will most likely be in LAN Settings.

i searched everywhere but i could only find the startup manual. below attached documents are all the settings on the modem maybe it will help.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

38 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Looks like you'd want to add that in "IP and MAC address binding list" in the DHCP settings!

Hello Liam, it worked for me and my NAT type returned to open!

thanks to both of you I really appreciate it.

If you guys don't mind can you keep this post open just for few days to be sure that my NAT does not return to moderate and so I wont have to create another post?

Thanks again!

On 3/10/2021 at 6:37 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear! Of course, let us know how you get on

Hello again, unfortunately my NAT type returned to moderate. I didn't touch both the modem or XR500 since last time so I don't know why this happened. 

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In WAN Settings on the XR switch NAT to open then restart the PC and test again please

It is open since the beginning but i did it again and it is still on moderate

30 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On Windows, in Settings > Gaming, let the test run - it will most likely fail, click fix it then run the test run again, it should switch to open then try the game

Did it but still says moderate both on pc setting and CoD

• Administrators

Could you click on the plus icon like you're adding a new entry on the IP and MAC binding list and take a screenshot please? Also for DHCP I'd put the lease time up to the max value it allows you to.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you click on the plus icon like you're adding a new entry on the IP and MAC binding list and take a screenshot please? Also for DHCP I'd put the lease time up to the max value it allows you to.

this is a screenshot of what is needed and i putted the lease time to max value which is 168 hours - 7 days

Screenshot 2021-03-13 043115.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you very much. It's most likely the Geo-Filter causing a misreading, disable it then boot up the console/game, does it appear open?

No luck, still on moderate disabled geo-filter completely and turned off everything with it. 

On 3/13/2021 at 9:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Doesn't really make much sense as everything is setup correctly. For a test can you put your PC in the DMZ on the XR and reboot the game/client and see if it is open?

it is open now after adding my pc in the DMZ on the XR but why when i restart the modem it returns to moderate again? imma do all what you told me again and again if doesn't work well for me.

BTW is there any settings I should turn off on the XR or the modem? because I'm seeing similar settings on both like UPnP, DHCP server, firewall, etc. which settings I should keep on for one router only so it doesn't conflict with each other

• Administrators

Even with the DMZ it goes back to moderate again? Did you definitely set the static IP up? That's the only thing I can think of that the IP is changing. 

The XR should handle all the ports and firewall, everything other than DMZ on the ISP router should be disabled if possible