Netduma R2 / No internet access

Dubious

I just received my Netduma R2 in the mail and am attempting to set it up but it will not connect to the internet.  

I have Xfinity internet and am using their newest router.  I have connected Ethernet from the back of the Xfinity router to the blue port on the R2.  I then connected from port 1 on the Netduma R2 to the back of my PC.  The Netduma and Xfinity both have power.  My PC does not have WiFi capability.  It is wired connection only.  

The internet works fine with a direct line from the Xfinity router to the back of the pc.  When I put the R2 in the middle, however, it shows network status: “Unidentified Network; No internet access.”

I am unable to access the router setup on my PC by typing “DumaOS/“ or “192.168.77.1” into the URL bar of a web browser.  It says the page is unreachable and recommends running diagnostics.  When I run diagnostics it is unable to fix anything and it tells me “Ethernet 2 doesn’t have a valid IP configuration”.  

I am able to connect my phone and another computer to the Netduma WiFi network using the password on the bottom of the router, but when I attempt to enter setup it says “could not detect an internet connection.”  It gives me the options “Retry” or “WAN Setup.”

I would appreciate any help you can give!

9 minutes ago, Dubious said:

Thanks for the idea Darren.  I just tried ipconfig but unfortunately the default gateway is blank.  Not sure why.  

Then it seems there is no input in your router with any connection. Did you put the input cable from your ISP modem into the blue connection in the R2?

I am not sure if your modem is a modem only product or a modem/router combo. If it is a modem/router combo you may have to bridge it with your R2. What is the exact model of your Xfinity unit?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you attempt to connect to the interface again on the wireless device, then when you get to the internet failed select WAN Setup then skip that, complete the wizard. Once you've done that see if you can now access it on the wired PC. If not go to Settings > WAN and click apply on DHCP and see if that brings the internet up. As above, is the Xfinity a pure modem(no wifi) or a modem/router(wifi), if the latter how is it set up?

PharmDawgg it is the XFi 3rd generation gateway (xfinity’s latest model; it is white/gray in color).  Here are the bullet points under the description on the Xfinity site:

• Model Numbers: CGM4331COM and TG4482A
  • Friendly Model Name: XB7
  • Gigabit Ethernet Ports: 4
  • Dual-Band WiFi Option: Yes
  • Maximum Data Throughput: 2.5 Gbps
  • WPS (WiFi Protected Setup): Yes
  • Gateway/ Network Management Tool (http://10.0.0.1): Yes
  • Xfinity xFi Eligible: Yes
  • Xfinity xFi Advanced Security: Yes
  • Xfinity app Activation: Yes
  • Two Total Telephone Ports: Yes (separate Alarm Port)
  • Battery Backup Capability (Xfinity Voice Only): No
  • Link Cordless Phones (CAT-iq 2.0*): Yes
  • Home Hotspot Capable: Yes
  • Compatible with Xfinity Home : Yes

Not sure if that’s helpful or not.  

• Administrators
4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Can you attempt to connect to the interface again on the wireless device, then when you get to the internet failed select WAN Setup then skip that, complete the wizard. Once you've done that see if you can now access it on the wired PC. If not go to Settings > WAN and click apply on DHCP and see if that brings the internet up. As above, is the Xfinity a pure modem(no wifi) or a modem/router(wifi), if the latter how is it set up?

Also how have you setup the Xfinity router or have you left is in its default state?

Netduma Fraser.  Thanks for your time and trying to help!  The Xfinity modem does have built in WiFi.  It is plugged into the coaxial cable outlet on the wall and then placed into a central location.  Not sure what other specific setup info you mean.  Apologies if I am unsure what technical specs to provide you with about how it is set up.   We have two computers hard wire connected to the Xfinity modem and the rest of the devices in the house connect to it wirelessly.  We also have three WiFi pods that extend the network throughout the house.  I hoped to hardwire the Netduma to the Xfinity modem and then connect that to my gaming pc so I can use the various  Netduma features that are useful for gaming.  Will I have to buy a modem only to replace the Xfinity modem/router to connect to the coax and then connect the R2 to that?

I completed the WAN setup through a wirelessly connected device as you requested.  It did not seem to help.  Internet is still not working and I am unable to access the dumaos/ setup page on the wired PC (same result if I use 192.168.77.1) .  I can access the dumaos/ setup page on a wirelessly connected device, but internet still does not work.  

I looked at network settings on my wired PC and it shows DHCP enabled.  I looked for a similar option through the Netduma dashboard but did not see it.  If I click network settings on the dashboard and scroll down to WAN there are three options DHCP, Static, PPPoE.  DHCP is the options currently selected there.  Is there something else I should change or try?

Thanks again to everyone for the efforts to help.  

• Administrators

That's alright, that's all the information I needed thank you. So where you found DHCP in WAN Settings on the interface click apply at the bottom of that page and see if it brings up the internet. Also go to the System Information page, does it give you a WAN IP/say whether it is connected or disconnected? Have you tried with any other wired devices?