Trying to Stream

Danno1016

I want to stream on twitch and I have ever thing set up but when I try and connect my streamlabs on my PC to the mobile app on my phone it will not work. I have tried the 2.4 and 5ghz internet and the mobile Streamlabs app won't connect through either WiFi. (Note: The Streamlabs app will connect on my normal spectrum WiFi it only gives me trouble with the Netduma Wifi) I've contacted Streamlabs about this and all the solutions they have given me are not working. Is there anyone else with this problem and if so how can it be fixed because I bought the Netduma to stream with the Wifi so Im not going to use my normal wifi to stream.

13 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I want to stream on twitch and I have ever thing set up but when I try and connect my streamlabs on my PC to the mobile app on my phone it will not work. I have tried the 2.4 and 5ghz internet and the mobile Streamlabs app won't connect through either WiFi. (Note: The Streamlabs app will connect on my normal spectrum WiFi it only gives me trouble with the Netduma Wifi) I've contacted Streamlabs about this and all the solutions they have given me are not working. Is there anyone else with this problem and if so how can it be fixed because I bought the Netduma to stream with the Wifi so Im not going to use my normal wifi to stream.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, what error are you getting exactly? Do you have and traffic controller rules or anything configured on the R2?

When I try and scan the QR code to connect the Streamlabs it simply just won't scan it and when I try and manually connect using the IP address and API token code it will start to load then give me an error saying please make sure your devices you are trying to connect are on the same WiFi. I also do not have any traffic control rules for my R2.

• Administrators

I think Liam just meant your phone - doesn't matter that it is Android. Just allow ALL traffic to the device in Traffic Controller.

If that doesn't work fully disable QoS in the Congestion Control menu and see if that works.

• Administrators

I tried to test this for you personally but couldn't even get to the part to scan the QR on my iPhone as the app seems a bit buggy.

Regardless, make a guest WiFi network and connect both your PC and phone to that and see if it works.

I will try to make the guest Wifi and let you know what happens. And yes the app is a little buggy because when you load onto it you need a code, I had to contact Streamlabs to get a code to access the actual app.

• Administrators

Okay thanks for that information, I can't think of anything that would be preventing this so I've gone ahead and contacted them for a code. I will test it out myself and try to get it working and then let you know what I find.

• Administrators

Okay so I managed to do this, it failed the first time, I tried again and it worked. I updated OBS on the PC and then opened it, asked me to allow access to the network so I did. Scanned the code on my phone and it worked the second time. Have you allowed the PC version to access your network?

12 hours ago, Danno1016 said:

I finally got it to work  but I had to enter the information manually as my scan QR still isn't working. Did you happen to find a way to fix that?

OK that's good to hear, did you follow the guide Fraser provided? I believe that's necessary for this to work.

• Administrators

I think it's the app more likely, they did say when I asked about the code that they would fix that. If just logging on to the app there is an issue it stands to reason there may be an issue with connecting them. Have you contacted them and asked about this?