Arris SB8200

II N3MES1S II

I had to replace my Arris SB6190 and get the SB8200 and I have to say there is a huge difference.

Not only did the lag and buffering stop but the images are clearer while watching things like Hulu and Discovery+.

I was downloading a huge update to Warzone last night after calling Spectrum to activate the new modem.

Then tested the network watching some TV all without an issue.

Then today for the first time since playing Warzone, I finally won 1st. place playing Battle Royal Solo.

I can tell while gaming that everything was smoother and no screen tearing by the airport.

Also now I can actually see the Modem page since with the SB6190 they blocked the page.

Arris SB8200 Version 6 to be exact for the win!

Thats awesome glad to hear that! The SB8200 is a good performer.. The two modems I think that are the best imo is the SB8200 and the MB8600.. You cant go wrong with either of those on Spectrum.. Just wait to DOCSIS 4.0 comes out! I think that will be the biggest improvement one could ask for in a gamer..

Zippy.

There would have to be some really good  updates to the AQM for me to purchase another modem.

As long as this modem doesnt have any major issues and so far its has been great and the modem is not hot or overheating.

You wont have to worry about purchasing a new modem anytime soon.. Spectrum has no real push to rush into DOCSIS 4.0

The SB8200 is a good modem and has come along way since its beta.. The SB was one of the fist beta modems to run DOCSIS 3.1.. I really cant say enough good things about it..

Zippy.

On 3/1/2021 at 8:50 AM, PharmDawgg said:

I hate it that we have to wait for the isp’s to push updates to these devices. I think modems are devices that don’t get enough support. 

Sometimes you have to ask the ISP to push the the update. They wait and see if people complain about somthing then try and fix the issue.

That is what I did for my SB6190 with them, they had the update but had not pushed it to my modem until I asked them.