Is Ping No Longer King?

N3CR0

I have noticed this within my game, I get 24 ping to my nearest server, I'm top of Scotland, but been noticing pings of 60ms or more, worst I've had was 111 and that's with having geo filter middle of ocean and ping set to 35, strict mode on.

I've even noticed increases in ping mid game, I was playing Snd and server ping in game was showing 36, Netduma showing 30, but I went on a rampage where I was 10 and 0 after 3 rounds, then I just couldn't kill anything, really felt I was behind the play after getting to 10 and 0, I just so happened to notice that my server ping had gone up to 68, my final tally was 12 and 8 and we lost game 6-5.

Think its time to move geo over Spain or Italy......or even USA somewhere lol

My ping is always in the 20-30ms range but it feels like I'm playing 200ms+, bad hit detection, extra recoil on guns, taking damage from people the moment they appear on my screen etc. It's become worse since this last patch, probably as bad as it was at launch for me. Nothing seems to be working for me and I just have to wait around until they do their next background network tweak and hope that it improves my connection for a change..

13 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Don't the data centres show the ping dumaos does? so it doesn't take into account the latency the game adds e.g. i ping servers 6-7ms but in-game latency it shows 20-30max

I believe its the direct ping to the server (so no processing time like you have on the in game ping) so yeah, the same as the Duma would show.

My nearest server on CW is showing 24ms... which is the same as my base ping. In game I usually have around 30-40ms.