Uncaught Unmatched device

I had my xbox added to the geo filter when it was online. It was then removed as it was offline using the device manager accidently. When going back to the geo filter map you get an error stating uncaught Unmatched device. The xbox is back on line with the same device name as previously. I still get the same error and  Then you cant add any device when clicking the add device in geo filter map nothing happens. Its pretty poor considering the price of the router that this basic functionality is buggy that it cant find or you cant re add it again. I am reluctant to do a factory reset considering it took me a while to set up the router in the first place. I have rebooted but still getting the same issue. The router is only a week old. I have raised this also with netgear support. Xr1000

• Administrators

Do they have the exact name and device type? Is it connected via the exact same connection method, i.e. ethernet, 2.4GHz, 5GHz? 

It happened because instead of deleting it from the Geo-Filter first you deleted it from the Device Manager so it got a bit confused. It usually happens after an upgrade rather than by doing what you did.

HI yes exact name and exact ip address as I had this setup in the lan setting and reserved this to the xbox and same type. The UI seems very buggy as I am also seeing devices with the same name and different mac address even though its only one device IE my daughters Iphone is showing 4 times it may be unrelated. Im reluctant to factory reset as I have spent time setting up restrictions in the traffic controller etc. 

The console connect via ethernet

Surely the UI should stop this you know what they say about users. it should not allow you to delete from the geo filter and if you do then it should not error but remove it from the list if it can not find it rather than error out and then make the add device unuseable

• Administrators

That can all be the same but is it definitely connected via the exact same way as before? The iPhone likely has Private Address enabled for the WiFi network which I believe is the same sort of function as on Windows in that it gives random MAC addresses which the router would detect as being different devices. It is a bug yes but shouldn't have happened the way you did it.

HI yes I can confirm its connected exactly as before,  I know this is the case as it automatically detects the name of the xbox and it has also assigned the same IP address. ITs set up as a console and its connected via ethernet. is their not a way to manually going in to see the config and removing the one it think it is

• Administrators

It depends how busy they are and what they're working on specifically but it won't be today. They usually do it on the R2 but not XR routers so I'll have to check whether they can. Have you setup the router to get an Open NAT?

Sorry but let you know what? it all connects but I can not add devices to geo filter as the as button does not work die to the uncaught exception ?

I just need them toto the error and allow me to add devices to the geo filter again, Sorry missed read the last comment :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am so disappointed with this constantly having to factory reset because of issues, didn't expect to pay hundreds of pounds for buggy software and hardware. I can create a new post for the next issues I am having or just add to this. I have continually had drop outs since installing this router. I have checked with my provider and they state that the router that is in bridge mode, an zyxel router in bridge mode has not failed, what they have seen is authentication errors from the xr1000 when it drops. The equipment , xbox pc etc is hardwired  not on the wifi and happens any time of the day and more often than not. Now on top of this I am getting 

DumaOS not loaded yet!

Don't worry we will redirect you shortly.

I have tried rebooting and it works to get the i/f back but give it a day or two and the problem happens again I have not upgraded any firmware and it is how I got it about 4 weeks ago

I do not expect continually having to factory reset/reboot the router and this should be solved and I should to expect to not have any direct contact with support engineers rather than having to hope for the best through the forum. Please advise how all of these issues are going to be resolved.

If this can not be resolved once and for all I will be send it back and getting a refund disappointed in this product and service so far.

Ps yes I have cleared the cache, cookie tried different browsers, I have gone via http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm . and the firmware is 1.0.0.52

Actually dont worry Im sending the unit back. I must say very disappointed will now look at getting a different router either the Asus ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 or TP-LINK Archer AX11000 . I have been a user of the old netduma without hardly any issues and now wow the quality seems have gone out of the window. Due to this I have lost confidence in the OS and wont be returning buying another netduma os router any time soon 

TR-1 TH-1 DR-0

• Administrators

The issue sounds like one that NG is testing a fix for on the XR500 beta and when confirmed to work can then be implemented on the other routers such as the 1000. I suspect that if you get them to take the Zyxel out of bridge mode, have it in router mode and give the XR a static/reserved IP on it that will resolve the issue. Sorry to hear you want to replace it and that you've had these issues thus far.