only one ethernet connection allowed

Hello all, I am trying to help a friend out who is a few states away. Friend bought a xr300 for gaming purposes. They went through setup and afterwards it wasn't establishing an internet connection via wifi or ethernet. Friend mentioned they called their ISP prior to set up and the ISP asked for the MAC address of XR300. Friend provided MAC to ISP and was told it could take a few hours/day for the change over to take affect. Friend mentioned to me when they bought a TP-link router 6+ months ago they did same process and it didn't take long for the change over to occur. Anyway, I told friend the MAC address more than likely needs to be manually set up in the XR300. Initially had MAC set to use default, tried cloning the MAC of PC they were using at the moment and used the PC's MAC they used to set-up the previous TP-link router with no connection either way. Next,  the MAC address of the TP-link router was entered and this worked. They now have internet connection but here is where the problem lies. Devices have no issue connecting wirelessly. There is one device connected via ethernet, their xbox. If you plug in a laptop, tv, any other device, the device has no connection via ethernet but the xbox still does. You can see the connected device through xr300 interface but on the devices end you get a no connection message. I also happened to notice that every device connected says it is a wired connection, I thought this was odd.

I was remotely connected with friend and did not want to break anything after I got them up and running but wanted to research the issue further. I have searched these forums using the available search feature and didn't see any hits so please forgive me if I missed something. In my experiences I have seen firmware act funny and cause wifi signals to randomly drop out and have to reconnect but thought it was seriously odd only one ethernet connection received an actual connection. Tried swapping cables to different ports on xr300 and it didn't matter, the xbox only received a connection. LAN activity lights go orange for other devices when connected besides the xbox which stays white while connected. Friend said xbox will get an open NAT but does have message that some features may be unavailable but says they have no issue connecting to multiplayer matches and playing. Checked the PC's config to make sure it was set to auto-obtain for IPv4. I don’t know if i should recommend a factory reset or upgrade the firmware if available. Any thoughts? Thanks! 

edit: router is running FW ver 1.0.1.4_10.1.4. I see FW ver 1.0.3.56 is available and told friend to update to current. Hopefully this will fix the issue. 

Welcome to the forum!

That's interesting, good work on the troubleshooting performed so far.

I would certainly suggest the first step to be ensuring you're up-to-date on firmware! 

Once your friend has updated, please ensure they perform a factory reset to clear any low-level code that could still be hanging around.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

That's interesting, good work on the troubleshooting performed so far.

I would certainly suggest the first step to be ensuring you're up-to-date on firmware! 

Once your friend has updated, please ensure they perform a factory reset to clear any low-level code that could still be hanging around.

Thanks for the reply. Not sure what was going on but everything is good now. I’m guessing the change from ISP happened over night. Friend woke up to no internet this morning and had them power cycle modem and router and all systems were a go. Firmware up to date too. Very odd! Haha