XR1000 Geo Filter issue

Pacmaanv

Been recently trying to set my geo filter location in the US, servers are within drawn polygons but I struggle to find a game. sometimes I can find one and sometimes it will just keep searching. Is just setting your geo filter enough or do you also need to set a VPN? Having the XR1000 obviously means I don't have the Hybrid VPN option available, is there any information as too when this would be available for the XR1000? I still have the opportunity to return the XR1000 so thinking of maybe downgrading to the XR500 as it seems that option is available on that router.

Any suggestions or guidance for this?

From the UK by the way. 

Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Darren Munnich said:

Geo-filter should be enough. Do you have it set to a max ping that it might not reach because the servers are in the US and you are from the UK? Try it with ping assist on (like 20-30) and see what works. 

Doesn't seem to work, end up in games lobbies where the in game ping is too low which means I'm not in the server region I would like to be in. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You shouldn't need a VPN but if you want US servers then you should try to force the East coast as that will be closer to you and easier to get a game.

don't seem to have much joy with it to be honest, would the hybrid vpn help in a situation like this? Also is this feature coming to XR1000 soon? Find it bizarre how the XR1000 doesn't have this feature but lesser costing models of the same line of router have it. Is there a specific reason for this? 

• Administrators

Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the Geo-Filter please when you're in game and with those settings? It's entirely up to Netgear so I couldn't say why it wasn't included/when it would be implemented. A VPN could help theoretically but shouldn't be needed.

14 hours ago, Pacmaanv said:

Doesn't seem to work, end up in games lobbies where the in game ping is too low which means I'm not in the server region I would like to be in. 

I'm having the same problem just today. Noticed some servers were down the other day now they've all come back with extra servers. But when I geofilter and try to find a game it finds a game way too fast and with way too low ping. Has the geofilter been patched by activision?

• Administrators
2 hours ago, phoneylife said:

I'm having the same problem just today. Noticed some servers were down the other day now they've all come back with extra servers. But when I geofilter and try to find a game it finds a game way too fast and with way too low ping. Has the geofilter been patched by activision?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Could you create a new topic for your issue please and provide a screenshot of what you're seeing? Also that is the intended use of the Geo-Filter to get you low pings.