XR500 thoughts

I’m looking into getting the XR500 and was just wanting to hear from people with first hand experience. How is the WiFi performance? My house is not big but we do have three smart TVs, one fire stick, two iPhone, a iPad, and a nest doorbell and thermostat. They will not be all on and connected all at once though. Would the XR500 easily handle all these devices? I will also have my PS5 connected with a cat8 Ethernet cable as well. I have Spectrum 400/20 and right now with my current netgear router I don’t have many problems since downgrading firmware so that I actually get my advertised speeds and sometimes a little more. I only play Warzone and Cold War. Any recommendations on how to set it up for these games? I have a old R1 in my garage that I used before I had a ton of devices on WiFi but I’m definitely wanting to upgrade. 

My personal opinion of the router is much of a love/hate one. The hardware is generally good and the software is good aswell but i have had issues with both hardware and software. 

HARDWARE - The hardware at the most part is very good but i have often get 100% CPU spikes, which makes the software at times unuseable. also at a router at this price point you would except WIFI 6.  

SOFTWARE - The software is superb when its works. Most of the times it just works but you need to be ready to put the time in to get it setup correctly if your gaming. The software has some great features and i would highly recommend this router just for the software. The interface is really slow at times 

Sometimes you will get some weird errors from the software but generally a restart it fix this. The support the guys offer on this forum is really good aswell.

Personally i would say this router is great but its not worth the 250 pound price tag. If your just looking for a standard router with this software then i would look at the Netduma R2.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Just my 2cents, the XR500 will definitely give you decent WiFi coverage/speeds. We've also got an open beta for the next iteration of our software the software keeps improving. The R2 is a good shout but the WiFi needs improvements at the moment so you won't reach those speeds through it.