DNS-Rebind

kevwhite

Hi,

I am using a raspberry pi as a gateway for my CCTV to go through so that I can get my CCTV on my firestick network devices. However it is noticing it as a possible dns-rebind attack. Is there a way I could disable this? The domain in question should go to an internal network address of mine.

Sun Jan 31 13:49:48 2021 daemon.warn dnsmasq[3884]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: *****{REMOVED}*****.mproxy.io

Thanks.

Hi Fraser - Already disabled

I'm watching the monocle log as i attempt to view my camera and its getting the request but its not bringing back the mproxy.io part which it should as that would forward it onto my internal IP.

Screenshot 2021-01-31 at 16.14.25.png

• Administrators

Adblocker I believe is enabled by default so disable that, if that doesn't help could you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control menu please? That's the other thing that could be interfering that you could adjust, otherwise I'll need to pass it on to the devs I think.

• Administrators

Ahh I see thank you for that. Okay so I can probably get a developer to connect to your router and add an exception for that but in the meantime try enabling Adblocker and adding a whitelist entry for *.mproxy.io and see if that works. If not enable remote support in WAN settings. What is your exact physical setup - what is the R2 connected to, a pure modem or modem/router?

Done and retested - still the same

Sun Jan 31 22:59:39 2021 daemon.warn dnsmasq[3884]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: 28c83855-ed3e-44aa-b61b-fcd897bc16fa.mproxy.io

Sun Jan 31 22:59:37 2021 daemon.warn dnsmasq[3884]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: 28c83855-ed3e-44aa-b61b-fcd897bc16fa.mproxy.io

Sun Jan 31 22:59:36 2021 daemon.warn dnsmasq[3884]: possible DNS-rebind attack detected: 28c83855-ed3e-44aa-b61b-fcd897bc16fa.mproxy.io