R1 VPN slow: worth the upgrade?

sigura

R1 Router:  40ms 8.5:D   5: U
Win  client: 19ms 140: D 152: U

Question:

How mutch will the speed improve?
If you have another duma router then the R1 what is your VPNs speeds?
Witch router is best just for VPN speeds? XR300, XR450, XR500, XR700, and XR1000.

I hope i get these speeds  because of  hardware and not the software. Then i look at the systeminfo i got 50% Free of RAM and Flash Usage, and still get awfull speed.
I use the latest update.

Thanks for posting!

I'm not sure I understand your questions, are those the speeds that are being reported with the R1 vs without the R1?

Your speeds through a VPN depend on several things, primarily the speeds you get from your ISP. What are you looking to use a VPN for?

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for posting!

I'm not sure I understand your questions, are those the speeds that are being reported with the R1 vs without the R1?

Your speeds through a VPN depend on several things, primarily the speeds you get from your ISP. What are you looking to use a VPN for?

U=Upload
D=Download
MS= Ping

ISP+
R1 Router whit VPN connected(Hybrid VPN) 40ms 8.5:D   5: U

IPS+ (Not connected to router vpn/(No "dubble vpn")
Windows client(The VPN providers cliend): 19ms 140: D 152: U

ISP (NO VPN)
8ms 340: D 352: U

• Administrators

The speed is limited and that's partially due to it using OpenVPN, we have plans to use Wireguard which will allow speeds to be boosted. The idea though is to only apply the VPN to certain services/applications rather than the whole device.

17 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The speed is limited and that's partially due to it using OpenVPN, we have plans to use Wireguard which will allow speeds to be boosted. The idea though is to only apply the VPN to certain services/applications rather than the whole device.

Thanks for your fast response