Need the proper way to setup my NetDUMA R2

I need help setting up NetDUMA R2. Like what to put in the DMZ. How to put in port forwarding, Do I use a DNS sever. How to properly use Geo-Filter, Ping Heatmap, Qos, Connection Benchmark, and Networking Settings

Can NetDUMA create videos on here to do this properly. Because I'm still experiencing lag in Modern Warfare multiple player and WarZone.

Tony Cortez Williams | [email protected] | 313.421.6481.

• Administrators

The user manual is a great place to start and will tell you how to use all the features. Did you go through the welcome tour when you first setup the router? The ? icons on every single panel of the interface should give you more information as well. We'll likely create more videos and guides in the future.

To answer your questions very briefly:

1. DMZ - The R2 WAN IP found in the System Information page should be entered into the DMZ function on your ISP router if applicable. You do not need to use the DMZ on the R2 but if you're struggling to get an open NAT on your console then you can put the console IP here.
  2. You don't need to use port forwarding in most cases
  3. You don't need to use custom DNS - it has no impact on your game experience
  4. Geo-Filter - add your device, change the home location to your area - adjust the radius to cover the servers you want - ping assist 0 - strict mode on - that is my recommendation. You can swap the radius for the polygons instead i.e. drawing your own radius.
  5. Ping Heatmap - ping the game you want to play, identify where the lowest ping servers are then adjust your settings on the Geo-Filter to cover those areas.
  6. QoS and Connection Benchmark - Run a Connection Benchmark test and see what results you get for Ping Test and Ping Under Load - you want the Ping Under Load values and graph to be as close as possible to the ping test. Use Congestion Control on Always and experiment with the percentages, then do a benchmark test, rinse repeat until you find the percentage that lowers Ping Under Load the most.
  7. You can mostly leave Network Settings alone.