Packets lost only when using the R2 (I think)

LJ93

Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice if possible

I did have the R1 for a few years and had virtually no issues with it, however since upgrading to the R2 in the exact same setup I’ve been having massive ping spikes and lag on different games manifesting in different ways, I don’t know if this is relevant to the issue but my antennas on the R2 are very lose and can’t support themselves upright as they’ve gotten so lose but I do have all my devices wired so I don’t know if it’s related (also note that this only happens with the R2 is in use, it doesn’t happen with the R1 or when I just use my ISP router)

on Fifa I get a lot of speed up lag - which is something I’ve never had, on Rust and cod I get a lot of rubber banding and stuttering but above all I have extremely bad “out of sync gameplay” much worse than I’ve ever experienced before (tin foil hats at the ready I know).. all of those would suggest packet loss to me but I’m no networking savant by any means, if anyone has some advice on what I could do to remedy this it would be very much appreciated!

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear that, if your devices are all connected via wired then the antennas won't be having an affect there.

What features are you currently using on the R2? Do you have Geo-filter and QoS enabled? If so, how do you have them configured?

Thanks for the reply, i pretty much have it configured the same as I did before with the R1.. geo filter on and off doesn’t seem to change anything, tried allocating more and less bandwidth to the devices I’m using and it’s not making much difference, r2 is in the isp dmz and stuff like that. 

One strange thing I’ve noticed is that when I set it to automatically set congestion control it suggest my best options are 1% download and 1% upload, and in the benchmark test it had very poor results for when the connection is “under load”, however I’ve never experienced any issues like this until now 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having these issues. What is your modem/router model? - do you have any devices still connected to this? 

Could you provide a screenshot of your Benchmark settings please as well as your QoS settings?

What ping do you get as shown by the Geo-Filter and in-game if applicable?