Xfinity xfi double nat xr500

I just upgraded my Xfinity Internet to unlimited and in doing so they provided me with an Xfi Wi-Fi/modem router. I hooked up the Xfi with the Xr500 and now I notice I’m getting double Nat on both my Xbox series X.  Is it even possible to have to WiFi’s? I did notice when I restarted the Xbox and searched for nat type it changed to open. Will I have issues in the future? Don’t want to restart and search for nat type every time. Are there settings I need to change on the xr500 or xfi? Did some research and read about bridge mode. I see the xr500 has that option not sure if I would change the XR or the Xfi to bridge mode. Would like to use both WiFi’s if possible. I like some of the features of the Xfi for family but don’t want to lose my favorite xr500 gaming features. Any help is much appreciated 

Im assuming you have both Xboxes connected by Wifi? Normally one would turn off the wifi on the ISP wifi/modem router that Xfinity gave you.. And then run everything through the XR500.. I guess one could have two Wifi's but there could be some conflict with wifi signals not to mention the XR500 cant control what isnt connected to it.. Like CC/Congestion Control for buffer bloat.. So if your using CC then you have to have all wifi and wired devices connected to the XR500.. By having only some connected and others to your Xfinity Wifi/modem router it wont be optimal.. And performance would likely be sketchy..

Your double NAT issue is really a separate issue and does not pertain to your wifi.. There are two ways you can fix that.. One put your Xfinity modem router in bridge mode or put the XR500 in the DMZ of your Xfinity modem router.. Use one or the other.. 

Good luck!

Zippy.

• Administrators

If you still want to use the Xfi - keep in mind that the XR won't be able to control the whole network and so QoS won't be as effective but you will need to use the DMZ option as above. Take the XR WAN IP from the System Information page and enter it into the Xfi DMZ feature, that will resolve the double NAT.