DumaOS limiting ethernet, seemingly can't be changed

Fernando_Kat

My Xbox One S is connected to my XR500 router with a Cat6 cable. I have a gigabit plan with my ISP. My XB1S was able to handle up to 400Mbps Download and 250Mbps Upload for about a week until two or three weeks ago it suddenly drop to 75Mbps and 85Mbps. On DumaOS on the Device Map in Table mode, it says my Ethenet 1 port has a linking speed of 100Mbps (Also the Ethernet port light started blinking amber/orange), when it used to say 1000Mbps, matching my wi-fi linking speed.

I have tried changing ports on the router, changing forwarded ports, changing QoS, changing Prioritization, and nothing has worked

If anyone knows a fix or remedy please comment!

Have you tried changing your Cat6 cable to a different one just to make sure the Cat6 cable isnt acting up? That would be my first thing id do..

If the cable isnt the cause then look at your bandwidth allocation distribution flower.. See if something got messed up there.. Also make sure you have share excess ticked. This goes for both upload and download.. Sometimes resetting the distribution flower will fix this as well..

If your XR500 is showing an amber/orange color light that does mean your particular LAN port is limited to only 100Mbps..And not 1000Mbps.. So clearly there is something going on there.. If the above does not help try switching your Xbox over to Wifi as a test and see if you get better speeds.. You could also try doing a reboot to the XR500 and see if the issue is with the XR500.. If a reboot doesnt work then try the trusty factory reset to the XR500.. 

Those are the things id suggest..

Good luck!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

As above would highly recommend switching out the cable to see if a new one works - that is the cause 99% of the time. If that doesn't work then I'll need to get a dev to take a look at the backend of your router and see if there is an issue there.