Which router to Buy

PainKiller89

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

That is really up to you and your budget but I'd suggest either the XR500 or the XR1000. The XR1000 is more future proof so may be the one you prefer, it also has DumaOS 3.0 pre-installed.

20 hours ago, PainKiller89 said:

I currently have Asus RT AX 88u. I am looking into getting net duma router from the netgear side. Which one should i buy?

Don't go netgear. Asus might not be the prettiest looking but definitely has the most features and customisation.

If you still wanna go DumaOS, go with the NetDuma R2 because NetDuma actually have the ability to update it and quality control.

depend of your internet speed, XR500 is very awsome, R2 is a littlebit buggy but Dumaos work on it and XR1000 will be a beast !

otherwise, the ASUS ROG (GT-AC2900) should be good too but I never tried it.  Netgear and Dumaos give to you a excellent services ! :) trust me

1 hour ago, DanyKTM said:

dépend de votre vitesse Internet, XR500 est vraiment génial, R2 est un petit buggy mais Dumaos travaille dessus et XR1000 sera une bête!

sinon, le ASUS ROG (GT-AC2900) devrait être bon aussi mais je ne l'ai jamais essayé. Netgear et Dumaos vous offrent d'excellents services! :) croyez-moi

with all the bugs we have had for 2 years;)

2 hours ago, iMoD1998 said:

Don't go netgear. Asus might not be the prettiest looking but definitely has the most features and customisation.

If you still wanna go DumaOS, go with the NetDuma R2 because NetDuma actually have the ability to update it and quality control.

Asus doesnt have the functionality that dumaos has.

2 hours ago, DanyKTM said:

depend of your internet speed, XR500 is very awsome, R2 is a littlebit buggy but Dumaos work on it and XR1000 will be a beast !

otherwise, the ASUS ROG (GT-AC2900) should be good too but I never tried it.  Netgear and Dumaos give to you a excellent services ! :) trust me

I have 1GIG internet connection. Ordered X1000 will see how it goes.

On 1/21/2021 at 8:59 PM, PainKiller89 said:

Asus doesnt have the functionality that dumaos has.

ASUS has more. Don't get taken away by the flashy UI. ASUS provides much more while providing actual control.

Your choice and I'm not going to argue, but if any of the thousands of posts on here say anything, you will know what I mean.