Psn group chat issue

Sal

Hi all, 

i can’t seem to figure out why I can’t speak to a friend on group chat. The mic icon flashes for about 30 seconds before greying out and suggesting a nat issue. 
He lives within the geo filter radius range, I have put him on the allowed list, I have DMZ set to my condone and I have an open NAT.

I suspect the issue is on his end and his nat is either moderate or strict but he says it’s open. We are able to join each other’s games without any issues and game chat works just fine it’s just the private group chat that throws fit. 

3 hours ago, Sal said:

Hi all, 

i can’t seem to figure out why I can’t speak to a friend on group chat. The mic icon flashes for about 30 seconds before greying out and suggesting a nat issue. 
He lives within the geo filter radius range, I have put him on the allowed list, I have DMZ set to my condone and I have an open NAT.

I suspect the issue is on his end and his nat is either moderate or strict but he says it’s open. We are able to join each other’s games without any issues and game chat works just fine it’s just the private group chat that throws fit. 

Hello!

Try to do it in the following way;

Deactivate the strict mode of the geofilter, then create the voice chat and invite your friend and then activate the strict mode and enter the game. Can you communicate with him like this?

The explanation of why this happens is because Psn uses servers for voice chats located on the west coast of the US, when these servers stay outside the area marked by the geofilter that problem usually occurs.
Another solution so that you do not have to be deactivating the strict mode is, instead of using the circle, use the polygon mode, include with a polygon the area that you have now marked with your circle and also add another polygon in the area of the West coast , exactly where it shows you that the server that the voice chat is using is, you can easily locate it if you look at the geo filter when you create the chat because it will show it, once you do that you will not have to worry anymore.

A greeting!