Factory Reset R1, starting fresh, settings to enable Open Nat on both PC and console?

lockit14

So before I adjust anything from scratch, I’m wanting to be able to have open nat on both PC, and on Xbox console (CoD Games) . I’ve drowned myself searching through forums and at this point I could just use a set list of things to change or adjust to get what I’m wanting.   

I have Gigabyte Internet, with the R1 being able to show 300’ish Download/Upload (I know it’s limited). 

My setup is wired into house into a ONT (provided by ISP) with the it connected to the R1.   Have my PC connected to the R1 (hardwired) along with my Xbox console.  

I’ve overwhelmed myself with UPnP, port forwarding, default dmz, DHCP, and a bunch more info, and could really just use simplified help.   What to change, what tobset things to, etc.  I can provide any information needed.  Thanks ahead of time. 

• Administrators

Really by default UPnP should allow an open NAT on both of these. I assume you're playing CoD so if that doesn't open NAT for both then port forward 3074 for one device, 3075 for the other - that is what CoD themselves suggest to get an open NAT.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Really by default UPnP should allow an open NAT on both of these. I assume you're playing CoD so if that doesn't open NAT for both then port forward 3074 for one device, 3075 for the other - that is what CoD themselves suggest to get an open NAT.

Alright, one other thing is in device manager neither Pc nor Xbox has an iP.  This was the case (at least for the Xbox) even before factory reset.   Have set a static Ip, and in my consoles settings it matches, but in device manager it still stays blank 

when i use command prompt (ipconfig) it gives me the ip address, but it doens't show up in the netduma dumaOS page  

just to be clear, this is setup correctly to reserve ip address for pc and xbox right?

Netduma.PNG

i seen some comment on a forumn stating that the last number of IP should be between 2-222 (as shown i have Desktop set to 194) 

So i changed it to .210, and now in device manager it has an IP....it's 194.   Shouldn't it say .210 since that's what i set the reserved IP to? 

Edit: Fixed, just has to renew ip with command prompt

16 hours ago, lockit14 said:

i seen some comment on a forumn stating that the last number of IP should be between 2-222 (as shown i have Desktop set to 194) 

So i changed it to .210, and now in device manager it has an IP....it's 194.   Shouldn't it say .210 since that's what i set the reserved IP to? 

Edit: Fixed, just has to renew ip with command prompt

Glad to hear it's all fixed, sorry I couldn't respond in time to help!

Let me know if you need anything else!