Nighthawk XR1000 Unable to see anything in the Geofilter

I recently purchased my XR1000, got everything hooked up and logged into the DumaOS website. I am unable to see anything (server, player, blocked server, etc.) on the geofilter option. I'm gaming on a PC and have went into device management and changed it to PlayStation instead of desktop computer. I have tried resetting the router, and ensured all the firmware is up to date. I have Flushed the cloud and done all these steps below multiple times.

Remove the Device from the Geo-Filter

close down the game and launcher.

Change the PC to a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then re-add to the Geo-Filter

launch the game/client.

I've restarted my PC multiple times, waited 2-10 minutes to launch the game. Nothing will show up in the geo filter at all. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Geo Filter 1.png

Geo Filter 2.png

Geo filter 3.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Open a Command Prompt on the PC and type

ipconfig

and press enter. Check the IP address the device has then on the interface go to the Device Manager and check the IP of the device you think represents the PC, do the IPs match?

They don't match. In Device management is has the last two digits as .10 and on my PC it has the IP ending in .8

Edit: I have two PC's, both are hard wired to the router through a Netgear ethernet splitter. Would this be causing the issue?

Edit 2: Both of my computers are showing the same IP address in the Device Management of DumaOS. My streaming PC does end in .10, which matches what shows in DumaOS.

• Administrators

I've never used a splitter like that but in theory no that shouldn't affect it, you could try without just to rule it out. 

Just to clarify:

1. Gaming PC - .8 on device, .10 in device manager
  2. Streaming PC - .10 on device, .10 in device manager

Is that correct?

I took the splitter out of the network to eliminate the IP addresses being different. The issue still isn't resolved. What you stated above was correct when i had both PC connected through the splitter. Since moving them off the splitter and connecting them both to the router. Below is the IP issues.

1. Gaming PC - .2 on device, .8 on device manager

2. Streaming PC - .8 on device, .8 on device manager

• Administrators

That's very odd. On the router in LAN Settings, for the Gaming PC give it a reserved IP with it ending in .2 then apply and reboot the gaming PC and see if it it then appears as .2 in the device manager. See if you can then see icons on the Geo-Filter Map.

It's still not working, i don't think. I'm not able to see the servers at all anymore. When I set my radius to the entire globe, i'm able to connect to a game with no issues and with 40ms ping, and nothing updates on the map. I reset the router and did the setup over again, which completely fixed the IP issue and it is recognizing both PC's on their respective IP addresses.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but i should see everything that is loaded on the Heatmap, in the Geofilter, correct? 

Heatmap.png

Geofilter 1.png

• Administrators

No you won't, Ping Heatmap is a special feature that pings all the available servers, that's not how the Geo-Filter works. You will only see servers on the Geo-Filter when these two scenarios happen:

1. You may see all servers on the map similar to Ping Heatmap when you first boot up the game, after that:
  2. You will only see some servers - not all - when you are actually searching for a game in matchmaking - usually only those blocked outside the radius and the eventual server that is allowed within the radius.

That makes sense. I just loaded up Call of Duty and went into a Warzone game and was unable to see any of the servers. I may have created more issues by resetting it, i'm not sure. I have the entire United States selected, no servers came up and the game loaded fine and dropped me into a server and match.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, reubenjones said:

That makes sense. I just loaded up Call of Duty and went into a Warzone game and was unable to see any of the servers. I may have created more issues by resetting it, i'm not sure. I have the entire United States selected, no servers came up and the game loaded fine and dropped me into a server and match.

Did you load up the game after you had changed all your Geo-Filter settings? If so do this please:

1. Quit the game and client completely - make sure it's not active in the system tray
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game 

Then see if they appear when searching.

• Administrators

Are the devices definitely matching up with their settings and the device manager? It's usually either that or the above that needs to be done with this kind of issue. Do you have Armor enabled by any chance?

I did a test just now and did the polygon for European countries. When i loaded into a Warzone game my ping was between 50-54, not in the 100's like it should be. I did this to see if it was working and just not showing the available servers, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I think what is most frustrating is that it's not even connecting me to the best servers on the east coast where my ping would be below 30. 😡😡

Europe Geo filter.png

Europe heat map.png

12 hours ago, reubenjones said:

It is on secure, maybe switching to open would help?

Also, excuse my ignorance but how do i block or allow certain servers if nothing will pop up in the Geofilter? Or is this done in the heat map section?

OK, thanks. You can block or allow servers by clicking on them to view their information in a new panel beneath the map, but they'll need to appear on the Geo-filter map to do this.

Are you accessing the DumaOS interface via the PC you're gaming on or the PC you're streaming on?

11 hours ago, reubenjones said:

I did a test just now and did the polygon for European countries. When i loaded into a Warzone game my ping was between 50-54, not in the 100's like it should be. I did this to see if it was working and just not showing the available servers, but it doesn't seem to be working at all.

I think what is most frustrating is that it's not even connecting me to the best servers on the east coast where my ping would be below 30. 😡😡

I like your thinking, but Geo-filter is designed to find you the best server, so trying to force a bad server isn't necessarily a reliable test.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, thanks. You can block or allow servers by clicking on them to view their information in a new panel beneath the map, but they'll need to appear on the Geo-filter map to do this.

Are you accessing the DumaOS interface via the PC you're gaming on or the PC you're streaming on?

I like your thinking, but Geo-filter is designed to find you the best server, so trying to force a bad server isn't necessarily a reliable test.

I’m accessing the interface on the PC I’m streaming on. I could try to force it into the two best servers which, in theory, should provide me less than 30 ms ping. I’m typically running around 40-50 ms ping. 

No I don't, i've tried both and I can't see the servers on either.

Edit: In the device manager i'm noticing that my gaming PC and streaming PC are going in and out of offline mode, but they are connected to the internet because i am actively using them.