NETDUMA R2 vs FIFA 21

Martin D

23 hours ago, Musinho said:

Hi @Juan Bernado

yes, as mentioned in my previous posts, it's important from the beginning to select your favorite Server when you log into the EA Servers.

And my tests and my feeling saying that it effects the gameplay. If you have good experience with frankfurt, then go for it and make your home circle around frankfurt with 111 -200 km.

But it is really funny to hear, that the closest servers for people are very horrible, because for me it's frankfurt not good and I can see that my opponents have always better connections than me :D

cheers

Hi Musinho

the last weekend I played the games in Rivals and Weekedn league on selected servers , Thanks for your help with this issue.

the quality of gameplay on Frankfurt server  (700 KM   distance) was terrible 4/10 , so I tried to play on :

Dublin (2000 KM ) 7/10 quality , Stockholm  (  1900 KM ) 8/10 quality ,  Milan( 940 KM ) 8/10

In weekend league after first 10 games my score was 9 wins 1 lost , starting from game N°11 - game N° 30 I could not controll my players (mostly against players with no skills and worse terams), the DDA , scripting took full control of my gameplay.

There is no way to beat this issue from EA , few days ago there was a scandal about byuing ICONS from EA employees, but I think there is a bigger scandal on the way, som players on YT , do not face any kind of DDA as 99% of FIFA players. So I believe there is also the possibility to avoid DDA , scripting dependeing on EA staff decision.

For the moment those morons from EA getting this way huge money , because most of players think they need to improve their team with paying cash for the packs, at the end they will recognise that it is not possible to beat the algorithm from EA side.

The saddest thing is that EA is pushing this way children to use cash what is definitely defined as gambling, because they are facing the AI that can not be tricked.

This way they (EA sports) purposefully creates addiction by the most vulnerable , so some controll organs should take the action immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I'm living in Russia and i'm doesn't really care about servers because 99.99 % of my games is on Stockholm servers and 90% of my opponents also scandinavians. The issue is how to filter my opponents i mean i want to play with the guys who are equidistanced to Stockholm servers as me or at least not too close as all scandinavians with who im playing with. So basically it's my issue how to play at Stockholm servers with russians or whatever eastern europenians players. Is that even possible with R2?

• Administrators
34 minutes ago, SergioMSK said:

Hello everyone. I'm living in Russia and i'm doesn't really care about servers because 99.99 % of my games is on Stockholm servers and 90% of my opponents also scandinavians. The issue is how to filter my opponents i mean i want to play with the guys who are equidistanced to Stockholm servers as me or at least not too close as all scandinavians with who im playing with. So basically it's my issue how to play at Stockholm servers with russians or whatever eastern europenians players. Is that even possible with R2?

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If it's using servers then there is no way for you to influence which players you play against as you only have a direct connection to the servers not to the players.

I see. Unfortunately Netduma or any other solutions completely useless to FIFA since it's based on server side matchmaking algorithms. You can achieve some advance with QoS or other stuff but at end of the day it doesn't really make difference. Then better quit playing FIFA. Thank you Fraser.

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, SergioMSK said:

I see. Unfortunately Netduma or any other solutions completely useless to FIFA since it's based on server side matchmaking algorithms. You can achieve some advance with QoS or other stuff but at end of the day it doesn't really make difference. Then better quit playing FIFA. Thank you Fraser.

It's still helpful to get the closest servers to you as if someone far away has connected to the server you'll have the ping advantage

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's still helpful to get the closest servers to you as if someone far away has connected to the server you'll have the ping advantage

Yep you're right but in my case it's useless cuz MM'ing from EA side it's absolutely terrible. Since almost all my opponets living too close to servers so i'm in permanently disadvantaged compare to them. Ping does not play a big role in this game. You can have same or better ping than your opponent but he's living 500 km away from the server and you're 1500 km away. All AI actions in your team will be slightly slower than your opponent so in competetive level you're mostly suck cuz of delay despite 18-20 ms ping in this particulary game.

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, SergioMSK said:

Yep you're right but in my case it's useless cuz MM'ing from EA side it's absolutely terrible. Since almost all my opponets living too close to servers so i'm in permanently disadvantaged compare to them. Ping does not play a big role in this game. You can have same or better ping than your opponent but he's living 500 km away from the server and you're 1500 km away. All AI actions in your team will be slightly slower than your opponent so in competetive level you're mostly suck cuz of delay despite 18-20 ms ping in this particulary game.

You could try forcing other servers and see whether you get a better experience, they may have form of lag compensation that might benefit you in that instance

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could try forcing other servers and see whether you get a better experience, they may have form of lag compensation that might benefit you in that instance

Good point. Will try. Was trying today around 15-20 minutes to find some opponents at Frankfurt server but couldn't get any luck with it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, SergioMSK said:

Good point. Will try. Was trying today around 15-20 minutes to find some opponents at Frankfurt server but couldn't get any luck with it.

Try this:

1. Quit the game completely to dashboard
  2. Remove device from Geo-Filter
  3. Re-sync cloud from Geo-Filter Map menu (if you get a too long message, wait 1 minute then refresh the page and it will have applied)
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter
  5. Setup the Geo-Filter to cover the server you want and put Ping Assist to 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the client/game

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there, I too have also purchased the R2 mainly for FIFA 21, I have had the router for a week and have noticed the same connectivity issues others are experiencing, the same I had with my Superhub 3.

Because the servers are terrible in FIFA for me it depends on the time of day I decide to play. When there are less people on (say past midnight) I usually tend to get better gameplay but I need to sleep!

I have put my R2 IP currently into my Superhub 3 DMZ

I have heard port forwarding could help, how would I go about doing this on the R2 and would I need to set a static IP for my ps5?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Ruud_007 said:

Hi there, I too have also purchased the R2 mainly for FIFA 21, I have had the router for a week and have noticed the same connectivity issues others are experiencing, the same I had with my Superhub 3.

Because the servers are terrible in FIFA for me it depends on the time of day I decide to play. When there are less people on (say past midnight) I usually tend to get better gameplay but I need to sleep!

I have put my R2 IP currently into my Superhub 3 DMZ

I have heard port forwarding could help, how would I go about doing this on the R2 and would I need to set a static IP for my ps5?

It's unlikely to help but worth a try, look up the ports needed on portforward.com and just enter them on the R2. It would be best to reserve the IP of the PS5 in the R2 DHCP settings yes so it doesn't change and make your port rules useless