Best Settings for my setup

khuie127

Hi, This is the first time hooking up my Netduma R2. I normally get about 850 download and 40 upload for isp. Wondering what I should input for download and upload setting on Netduma. If lowering would give me better ping. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

If that is what you get then that is what I would recommend entering into the router. You can always throttle that speed with the Congestion Control percentages if you would like to. 

Have you setup the Geo-Filter or QoS yet? Do a Connection Benchmark test and post the results here please.

So my isp is trash (Suddenlink), and I bounce around from all kinds of speeds. But usually consistentat 700+. On the R2 it hasn't given me above 200. Not sure what settings I should be using. On top of that I live in Northern Oklahoma, and a warzone server is in Kansas city and I can't get lower that 50 ping (lately its connecting me to west cost servers). Please help haha 

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Egriggs1225 said:

So my isp is trash (Suddenlink), and I bounce around from all kinds of speeds. But usually consistentat 700+. On the R2 it hasn't given me above 200. Not sure what settings I should be using. On top of that I live in Northern Oklahoma, and a warzone server is in Kansas city and I can't get lower that 50 ping (lately its connecting me to west cost servers). Please help haha 

Where are you testing those speeds, Connection Benchmark or speedtest.net for example? How are you connected, using WiFi or ethernet? 

Have you noted any servers which are a lower ping for you as shown by Ping Heatmap?

When I get 700+ I use OOkla. When I get the 200 I'm using the connection bench mark. I am connected via ethernet (cat 8)....yes I have, but only servers I've seen lower than the ping im getting its only 4 or 5 ping lower than what im getting. The best ping I have gotten is 47 and that only last a few seconds 

• Administrators

Okay that is fine then, the speed part of Benchmark isn't reporting correctly at the moment so we need to improve that. As you're getting your speeds through speedtest.net you can ignore that. What is your average ping on speedtest.net and the Ping Test in Benchmark?

• Administrators

The ping on Benchmark is the Google server which may be more representative of what the ping actually is as it won't be really close to you like the speedtest servers as a server that close you should get a lower ping to. Can you provide a screenshot of your ping heatmap please?