Not getting full speed on netduma R2

Stobbee

Hi everyone! 

I've just upgraded my internet connection with a new ISP. The problem is that when I'm connected (ethernet) to the ISP router I get 700 Mbs download and 190 Mbs in upload, when I'm connected to my R2 I just get 90 Mbs in download and 40 in upload. I've already tried to disable anti-buffer bloat. Any suggestions on how to get full speed on my netduma R2? 

Thank you 

Hi Fraser! I've switched to never and all my testing was with ethernet cable. Aren't those speed strange? Even with qos shouldn't I get more seen my normal speed with my ISP router?

I've disabled qos but no luck. I'm testing with speedtest.net. My r2 is set to Dhcp static, it's the only way I've been able to get connection but unfortunately is way slower than my ISP router. I've also tried to reset R2 but results are the same. R2 is connected with the internet port (blue) to my ISP ehternet 1 port. I still get slow speed.

• Administrators

Presumably before you had the R2 you had another router is that right? If so then copy the MAC address from that router and then enter onto the R2 and reboot the R2, does that bring your speeds back to normal? 

If not, check the Device Manager table view, what do the link speeds say for all the ports?

why the R2 is blocking my connection at 100Mbit??? it's a brand new connection and I want use it full speed, I spent money for R2 I don't want to waste them to use my crappy ISP router at full speed...

I'm not the only one facing this problem... is it a DumaOs problem???

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Xr500-Ethernet-limited-to-100Mbit/td-p/1591486

When I connect my PC to the ISP router I can see on ISP router settings it gives 1000, if I connect the same cable to the WAN R2 port it says 100... is it the R2 WAN port defective?

• Administrators

The solution to that topic was indeed to upgrade the ethernet cables, there isn't anything on the router itself that would cause that so I would suggest switching that out with another cable higher cat than you have, switch it with the cable you have in port 1 for example, does the internet link speed then go to 1000Mbps?

I switched the cables but I truly think that's not the problem, because both cables can get 1000Mbps when connected to my ISP router, the problem is when I connect those cables to the WAN R2 port, it gets just 100Mbits

is there another way to connect the R2 instead of the WAN port? with every device I connect to my ISP router I can clearly see the speed is at 1000, just the R2 WAN port shows 100... 

• Administrators
3 hours ago, Stobbart said:

360625167_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.3cdb5e0cc7bc6aa15519acc2c4e36406.png

On the internet lane it says 100Mbits, and it's not the cable. Do you have any other suggestions to connect instead of dhcp static? could be this?

18 minutes ago, Stobbart said:

If I connect the second cable from my R2 ethernet port to ISP ethernet I get 1000, just the WAN port is stuck at 100

So from this picture you swapped the port 1 cable and the internet cable around is that right? So the cable reporting at 1000Mbits was connecting the R2 to the ISP router and the Internet Link Speed still said 100Mbits?

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So from this picture you swapped the port 1 cable and the internet cable around is that right? So the cable reporting at 1000Mbits was connecting the R2 to the ISP router and the Internet Link Speed still said 100Mbits?

Yes! WAN port, no matter what, is always showing 100