R2 with Hub 4 (virgin media)

Js86

Hi all first post 

So here gos lol 

I got my r2 a few months ago been working great (with my set up method) 

Ive got my r2 in my bedroom with an ethernet running to my living room and into my virgin media hub 4, but the issue I'm having is I can't login to the r2 when I do *192.168.88.1. 

I get put into the virgin router, so I'm unable to use any of the dumaOs features even if I'm on the duma WiFi / ethernet 

has there been a firmware update on the hub 4? I suggest checking its interface and double checking. You can put the hub 4 into modem only mode and everything will then run through the R2 which is the preferred method. 

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does it work if you use http://DumaOS ? 

When did the issue starting happening? Was there anything changed on the interface or did it happen randomly?

It's done it pretty much from the start, when doing that link just comes up with Web page can't be found 

48 minutes ago, BIG__DOG said:

has there been a firmware update on the hub 4? I suggest checking its interface and double checking. You can put the hub 4 into modem only mode and everything will then run through the R2 which is the preferred method. 

When I put the hub 4 into modem mode nothing works lol don't know if its maby an on going issue with they're new hub, 

Cause I used to have the hub running with the nighthawk r7000 and worked fine 

When the hub 4 is in modem only mode only 1 of the lan ports works for connecting a router. I would check if the R2 is connected to the right port on the hub4. Then reboot the hub4 in modem only mode and wait til theres a connection light and then plug the power back into the r2.

I've managed to get somewhere with it all I've got the netduma os working but I'm unable to connect to the WiFi network, I've got my laptop hardwired into the r2 as well but getting no network connection, 

in the network settings you can change the wifi credentials to what you wish and then you should be ok. ake sure that the R2 connects as dhcp and not something like pppoe. 

I'm going to be stupid here but what is the client I'd / vendor 

Since I'm unable just now to connect to WiFi I'm trying to connect with wan but asking for these details 

20210104_102206.jpg

Check this link out. Its the user manual.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000117382-netduma-r2-user-manual-guide-

There is no need to manually input dhcp settings as displayed in your picture. Factory reset the R2 and follow the quick start guide. 

• Administrators

Have you resetup and used modem mode as per the above? VM doesn't require anything special to get a connection so it should be very easy to do - I have them. If you don't get a connection a reboot of the router should suffice.