R2 Geo-filter Rapp not always loading

paganister

Hi,

I seem to have an intermittent issue with loading the Geo-Filter Rapp. It will show loading spinners for about a minute before showing a dialogue box stating 'This Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute.'

Restarting the router via the software, or unplugging the power, doesn't always fix the issue. At times it will start working, however, but have not figured out a consistent way to fix it. 

I am on firmware version R2 3.0.179, and connecting to the router via wifi. Tried on Firefox and Chrome, and via dumaos/ and 192.168.77.1.

Any tips? My friend has an R2 we bought at the same time and doesn't have issues. 

Thanks. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Did you do a factory reset after the update? If not please do that and see if it resolves the issue.

Otherwise in System Information in the Rapp panel options, change the number of retries to 5 then reboot and see if that helps.

Hi Fraser,

Did the factory reset and set everything back up (it set a random wifi password which was annoying to begin with). The geo-filter has been loading for an hour, but now I'm getting the same message as in the first post again. However, I did notice a ' Error: The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp.' message before this started happening.

I'll try your second suggestion and keep you posted.

Okay tried your second suggestion changing retries from 3-5. Spinner seems to spin for longer, but I either get a ' uncaught exception: undefined ' message or the same message in the original post again. The first initial load of the geo-filter worked, but is now doing this.

Any other suggestions?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, paganister said:

I did it via the software (the right side menu - Advanced > Factory Reset). Would you like me to try it via the physical reset also?

Yes please do. Hold it down for 30 seconds, then release and wait 2 minutes before trying to access it. Then see if it is any better.

Hi,

Did the physical reset. Was working fine for a day, and now has reverted back to the problems it had before.

I've tried wirelessly on my personal computer, and my work laptop. I also connected my work laptop via ethernet to the router to iron out a wireless issue, and the geo-filter still has the same loading issue.

Any other ideas?

Hi Fraser,

Tried what you suggested via DM. Was good for a good few days. But now, not only the Geofilter shows the errors I mentioned in the previous messages, the Dashboard also has the same messages: Default Dashboard with 5 windows, only 3 of them load. Happy to take screenshots if you require.

Thanks. 

• Administrators

If you go onto all the pages, do all the panels load correctly? If so, unpin all the panels that are pinned to the dashboard on their respective pages, then you can try to repin it and see if it loads. What is your physical setup exactly?

Just tried going to the Network Monitor page directly, as the Network Traffic panel on the Dashboard is one that doesn't load. None of the panels here load as you can see attached (anonymised).

My setup is a Virgin Media hub in modem mode, which passes internet traffic through to the R2. I then just connect to the R2 wirelessly (the automatic 2.4g / 5g shared mode).

Screenshot 2021-01-12 112252.jpg

Absolutely nothing. After the factory resets I go through the standard setup - setting up the admin password and the wireless password. The only thing I do (after a factory reset) is make my PC a Playstation, due to some conversation / bug I read recently that makes the geofilter not work for Cod Cold War. Then create my custom geofilter zone (EU). In regards to the last few days where it's happened again, I've not been online gaming at all over the last few days so not needed to log into the router. I logged in yesterday, and it's now not loading properly.

I can try changing my PC back to a PC again now as I'm not playing the game at the moment - but I did use a laptop the other day that had a similar issue. Will keep you updated.

Is there no logs I can pull from the router I can provide, over a DM or something?

Following this thread as I have the exact same issue on the R2, router RAPPS pages do not load most of the time. A hard reset solves this for a day then it reverts to not working exactly as Paganister has posted above. Powering on and off sometimes solves for a day, sometimes doesn't.

• Administrators

How often do you leave the interface open in a web browser for extended periods of time? If you can load the System Information page you can see if you can grab the logs there but may not show anything. Better to do this when it happens please:

Click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

1 hour ago, Bower said:

Following this thread as I have the exact same issue on the R2, router RAPPS pages do not load most of the time. A hard reset solves this for a day then it reverts to not working exactly as Paganister has posted above. Powering on and off sometimes solves for a day, sometimes doesn't.

Have you updated to .179 and do a factory reset?

Hey Fraser,

Taking a little while to get back to you as it seems to be working again at the moment (and I haven't rebooted recently either). While I am playing the game I do leave the tab open hours at a time - but recently I just load the geofilter/dashboard then close the tab shortly afterwards.

Will update you with further information requests when it happens again.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, paganister said:

Hey Fraser,

Taking a little while to get back to you as it seems to be working again at the moment (and I haven't rebooted recently either). While I am playing the game I do leave the tab open hours at a time - but recently I just load the geofilter/dashboard then close the tab shortly afterwards.

Will update you with further information requests when it happens again.

It's only a theory leaving it on for long periods of time will cause that, leaving it open when gaming should be fine, otherwise I'd suggest closing it. Glad it's working so far, keep us posted!

On 1/12/2021 at 4:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

How often do you leave the interface open in a web browser for extended periods of time? If you can load the System Information page you can see if you can grab the logs there but may not show anything. Better to do this when it happens please:

Click the 3 dot icon in the top right of the interface, go to advanced and then click Rapp performance please. Then go to the Advanced tab on the Window that appears. Click on the Memory (P) column so that it shows the highest value at the top and lowest at the bottom. Then however above the Rapp column until you see the option 'Show Kernel Values' appear, then click that. Once you've done that take a screenshot of the entire window please.

Have you updated to .179 and do a factory reset?

Hi Fraser,

Yes, I made sure to update as soon as I set the router up including a reset. :)

Interestingly, I used to leave the software up on a second monitor all day and it had no issue. One day it just started to "load" with the swirling circles and about 80% of the RAPPS/Pages fail to load every time until a power off and back on. The software "reset" within the webpage does not work, it has to be turned off and on physically.

Happy to try anything to solve it.

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Bower said:

Hi Fraser,

Yes, I made sure to update as soon as I set the router up including a reset. :)

Interestingly, I used to leave the software up on a second monitor all day and it had no issue. One day it just started to "load" with the swirling circles and about 80% of the RAPPS/Pages fail to load every time until a power off and back on. The software "reset" within the webpage does not work, it has to be turned off and on physically.

Happy to try anything to solve it.

Interesting thanks, has it been more stable since you've been turning off the interface when you're not using it?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting thanks, has it been more stable since you've been turning off the interface when you're not using it?

It never loads most of the RAPPS unless I reboot the router each morning.

If I restart and leave ia RAPP page up all day there is no issue, but come the next morning it will not load the RAPPS once again without restarting the router.

Seems to be something to do with the router being on for a certain amount of time causes it not to load RAPPS anymore, or every time the PC restarts/reconnects it causes the RAPPS to not load. Either way, it was not happening for the first few weeks I had the router and now it consistently happens every day. Also it happens with two seperate PCs on the same network. 

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Bower said:

It never loads most of the RAPPS unless I reboot the router each morning.

If I restart and leave ia RAPP page up all day there is no issue, but come the next morning it will not load the RAPPS once again without restarting the router.

Seems to be something to do with the router being on for a certain amount of time causes it not to load RAPPS anymore, or every time the PC restarts/reconnects it causes the RAPPS to not load. Either way, it was not happening for the first few weeks I had the router and now it consistently happens every day. Also it happens with two seperate PCs on the same network. 

I've sent you a PM.

I'm having the exact same issues. Ever since I updated the firmware. Worked fine for a few weeks after I bought it, then realized there was an update...hasn't worked since. I've factory reset, restarted, usually works for a little while after reboot, then quits.

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, DukeZ said:

I'm having the exact same issues. Ever since I updated the firmware. Worked fine for a few weeks after I bought it, then realized there was an update...hasn't worked since. I've factory reset, restarted, usually works for a little while after reboot, then quits.

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. In System Information in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot. See if that makes it go longer without the issue appearing.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. In System Information in the Rapp panel options change the number of retries to 5 and then reboot. See if that makes it go longer without the issue appearing.

Did that. Sometimes it would fix it, sometimes not.

Did a physical reset right after I posted. Geo-Filter is working as of now, but I can't find the router on my iphone or macbook. Network map shows my roku express connected to 2.45ghz, but no other devices nor is it a showing a 5ghz branch.