Best (Comp) Cold War Settings for Bullet Reg?

Hi all,

I just started somewhat playing COD competitively again after a multiple-year break, and decided to use my Netduma again for it. I've noticed this game in particular is REALLY bad with bullet reg (not only the bullets not registering, but specifically the bullets registering super late -  and yes, I use attachments for bullet velocity) … and was wondering what the consensus was when it comes to best settings for this particular issue. There is a lot of information scattered about the forums, and I have no idea which advice to follow. I've messed with congestion control sliders, optimizing my sliders with connection benchmark tests, utilizing DMZ for open NAT, and even trying WIFI instead of hardwired for lag comp purposes. 

I have a feeling my problem may be due to the fact that (1) I use DMZ instead of port forwarding and (2) I have no idea how to best use "traffic prioritization" in the QOS section - such as which range of and source and destination ports to prioritize. I currently just enable traffic prioritization for all devices.

(Also, utilizing the geographic filter isn't possible for me since I'm forced to join certain hosts in comp COD.)

Thanks guys

8 hours ago, cmadilia said:

Hi all,

I just started somewhat playing COD competitively again after a multiple-year break, and decided to use my Netduma again for it. I've noticed this game in particular is REALLY bad with bullet reg (not only the bullets not registering, but specifically the bullets registering super late -  and yes, I use attachments for bullet velocity) … and was wondering what the consensus was when it comes to best settings for this particular issue. There is a lot of information scattered about the forums, and I have no idea which advice to follow. I've messed with congestion control sliders, optimizing my sliders with connection benchmark tests, utilizing DMZ for open NAT, and even trying WIFI instead of hardwired for lag comp purposes. 

I have a feeling my problem may be due to the fact that (1) I use DMZ instead of port forwarding and (2) I have no idea how to best use "traffic prioritization" in the QOS section - such as which range of and source and destination ports to prioritize. I currently just enable traffic prioritization for all devices.

(Also, utilizing the geographic filter isn't possible for me since I'm forced to join certain hosts in comp COD.)

Thanks guys

Play on WiFi and a moderate NAT.

• Administrators

There are a lot of suggestions around the forum but essentially every connection is different and what may work for one person may not work for another. It's best to experiment as much as you can to find what works best. I don't think using the DMZ over port forwarding would affect it but if you think so then give it a go. Don't prioritize ALL devices, I'd suggest adding it manually with the console service or experimenting with the ports required when port forward for TP.