Netduma R2 Latency Xbox Series X

Orli Is Washed

Do you happen to remember what settings you were messing around with? Maybe just a reboot of the R2 will work.. Likely though one will need to change whatever settings you were messing around with back to what they were originally before the latency increase.. You may end up having to do a factory reset after all if you cant remember what it was you were messing around with..

Also when you say settings are you talking about the Xbox or R2? Which one were you messing around with settings?

Good luck!

Zippy.

Filter mode can possibly cause an increase in latency if the Geo is blocking an authenticating server.. That is very possible for sure.. Basically you would want to zoom out of the Geo and see if you see any other servers pop up.. Or test with the Geo on Spectating mode/Not filtering.. See if your latency goes down..

Also when I look for a authenticating server on the Geo I run a speed test from my Xbox in the network settings of the Xbox.. While Im running the test I look at the Geo and see if I see a server pop up while the test is being performed.. Usually there is a server that shows up when doing this test.. And that is likely the authenticating server.. At least it always has been for me.. Once I added that server to my allow list my latency went down back to normal..

Hope this helps!

Zippy.

Glad to hear you got your latency back down.. Good job on that! Did you happen to change or mess around with any settings on the QoS page or specifically with bandwidth allocation? Thats where id start to look at.. Make sure nothing there got messed up.. Also what do you have your CC sliders set at? Do you also have CC enabled to Always? Things like that may help you narrow down the issue.. Since this seems to be only effecting the upload look at the allocation for upload on the QoS page of the R2.. Along with other things ive mentioned above.. 

Thanks!

Zippy.

Do you happen to have any TP rules added? I will tag @Netduma Fraser here also to see if he can give some better advice on this.. Make sure we arent looking any thing over by accident  that could be the cause of your low upload speeds..

Thanks!

Zippy.

• Administrators

Have you entered on the router the bandwidth settings you pay for/expect from the Congestion Control menu?

Have you disabled Share Excess or Bandwidth Allocation or as above did you add any manual Traffic Prioritization rules?

Where are you testing speeds, the Benchmark test on the Interface or speedtest.net? Did you test wired or wireless?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 hours ago, Orli Is Washed said:

I set the Download/Upload both to 950mps I have 1gig with Verizon Fios

where can I find share excess? I am testing on speediest.net

If you don't know where it is then it's unlikely you have disabled it so probably not that - you can check by clicking the 3 line icon on the Bandwidth Allocation feature.