Refund & Return Question - Where do I take the return package if in US?

BigDan8

I received my NetDuma on December 24th and have decided to opt for a refund. I have packaged everything back in its box with a paper stating the order number and name on the purchase. I also wrote down the address on another piece of paper for when the shipping label is made. Would it be best to take the return to USPS or UPS? I ask because I’m in the US and haven’t really shipped anything to the UK before. I will be shipping it today for a refund.

I should add that I did send an email to [email protected] yesterday. My order number is #29854.

Fraser or anybody else that could help, do I take this package to USPS to be delivered to the NetDuma address listed on the terms page? Again, I’m in the US and will be shipping this shortly and need to know where to take the package.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're wanting to return it. Was there an issue you encountered at all that we could help with?

There used to be a US address where people could send it back, it might still be in use even though it has been removed from the terms so I would suggest waiting for the email back just in case as that would mean less cost for you. Otherwise it doesn't matter how you send it, either through regular post or courier, whichever is easiest, cheapest for you.

As for the terms does it mean the shipping back to NetDuma process starting within 14 days of receiving or do you have to have the package back within 14 days of me receiving? I can take it to USPS today. Will I have to fill out a customs form? I don’t have time to wait for an email back, I need this shipped immediately.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

Really cannot believe the shipping cost to send it back starts at $39 USD at USPS. That’s the cheapest too. Absolutely ridiculous.

Yeah, unfortunately it is expensive to ship overseas which is why we charge for shipping.

1 hour ago, II N3MES1S II said:

May we hear about your issues on the router?

Why are you not happy with it?

Do you have issues connecting it to your network?

You can save the return shipping cost and sell it on Ebay or OfferUp.

WiFi range is awful compared to a simple 2in1 Modem/Router Gateway. I messed with the antennas in different directions, etc and it never improved. Literally got one bar for signal when a few rooms away as opposed to the Modem/Router maintaining full signal throughout my house with no issues.

Also found out that NetDuma does not support NBA 2K21 with no word on the servers being able to show up in the future. 

• Administrators

Have you disabled Mirror mode, named 2.4/5GHz separately and used a WiFi analyzer to find the least congested channel and change to that? Have you upgraded to .179 where you can experiment with the widths? 

We do have the game on our roadmap so we will support it for Ping Heatmap at the very least. We're in the process of adding more games currently.

I second the wifi analyzer to find the least used wifi channel, also what is your house mainly made out of?

Sheet metal and alluminum will cause issues with signals and so will living close to an airport.

Also your coax cable may need to be upgraded to one with more shielding.

Maybe you are using an ethernet cable that is not shielded enough and may try cat7

At the very least give it a try and your game of choice will work soon if not already.

If all else fails then I think your best bet is to sell it yourself, that way no more money is spent sending it back and you will get all or most of your money back by selling it.

I just received an email reply from NetDuma yesterday after waiting for 6 days. I was informed that NetDuma does in fact have a US address to ship returns to. However, due to the late email turnaround, if I ship very soon, it won't be delivered by the 7th in time for the 14 day policy. Can you please make an exception considering the late reply I received from Support that contained the US address to ship to? I've had the product in the box with all parts and sealed.

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

I just received an email reply from NetDuma yesterday after waiting for 6 days. I was informed that NetDuma does in fact have a US address to ship returns to. However, due to the late email turnaround, if I ship very soon, it won't be delivered by the 7th in time for the 14 day policy. Can you please make an exception considering the late reply I received from Support that contained the US address to ship to? I've had the product in the box with all parts and sealed.

You would have to respond to them with that, they should make an exception given the delay in responding. Unfortunately it's not something I can personally authorize they will need to do it.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You would have to respond to them with that, they should make an exception given the delay in responding. Unfortunately it's not something I can personally authorize they will need to do it.

Alright. I replied back to them asking about it.

As far as the WiFi range disappointment goes, I tried literally everything a person could do to improve it. I don't live in a huge house with sheet metal, etc, so that wasn't an issue. I had experimented with the antennas, different channels (I always kept my 2.4 Ghz channels to channels 1, 6 or 11 anyway), channel width, made sure mirroring was off. Also made sure the firmware was updated and factory reset afterwards. The breaking point for me was me being in my room literally 15-20 feet from the router and only getting 1 bar on my laptop in regards to signal and my speed was fluctuating between 15-24 Mbps when it should be 72 Mbps for my Wireless-N adapter in my laptop, especially being that close to the router itself and the laptop struggling to maintain signal.

Plugged the 2 in 1 Modem/Router Gateway back up and every device in the house went back to full signal & speeds. The R2 simply doesn't have enough horsepower to maintain a decent signal a couple rooms away through dry wall even when on the 2.4 GHz band in an attempt for better range.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

Alright. I replied back to them asking about it.

As far as the WiFi range disappointment goes, I tried literally everything a person could do to improve it. I don't live in a huge house with sheet metal, etc, so that wasn't an issue. I had experimented with the antennas, different channels (I always kept my 2.4 Ghz channels to channels 1, 6 or 11 anyway), channel width, made sure mirroring was off. Also made sure the firmware was updated and factory reset afterwards. The breaking point for me was me being in my room literally 15-20 feet from the router and only getting 1 bar on my laptop in regards to signal and my speed was fluctuating between 15-24 Mbps when it should be 72 Mbps for my Wireless-N adapter in my laptop, especially being that close to the router itself and the laptop struggling to maintain signal.

Plugged the 2 in 1 Modem/Router Gateway back up and every device in the house went back to full signal & speeds. The R2 simply doesn't have enough horsepower to maintain a decent signal a couple rooms away through dry wall even when on the 2.4 GHz band in an attempt for better range.

I totally understand that and WiFi is something we're looking at in a big way as we do think we can improve that with updates.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I totally understand that and WiFi is something we're looking at in a big way as we do think we can improve that with updates.

I had always wanted a NetDuma. For my purposes as far as the software goes, it would be just fine as far as COD goes and other things that the features could be used for and 2K21 being added at some point. It just wouldn't work for my current situation with my family needing decent WiFi signal. I imagine NetDuma will iron that out in the future. I hope they will work with me and make an exception because I was informed 5-6 days later of a US address to ship returns to. I will gladly ship the R2 back to the US address for a refund if they'll allow me a couple days outside of the 14 day policy considering the late response on their part.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

I had always wanted a NetDuma. For my purposes as far as the software goes, it would be just fine as far as COD goes and other things that the features could be used for and 2K21 being added at some point. It just wouldn't work for my current situation with my family needing decent WiFi signal. I imagine NetDuma will iron that out in the future. I hope they will work with me and make an exception because I was informed 5-6 days later of a US address to ship returns to. I will gladly ship the R2 back to the US address for a refund if they'll allow me a couple days outside of the 14 day policy considering the late response on their part.

Of course, especially in these times online stability is crucial. We do hope you'll consider us again in future. If they won't do that although I'm sure they will as they're quite reasonable then let me know your order ID and I can try to push that through for you.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Of course, especially in these times online stability is crucial. We do hope you'll consider us again in future. If they won't do that although I'm sure they will as they're quite reasonable then let me know your order ID and I can try to push that through for you.

Thank you, Fraser. I'll update this thread whenever I hear back from them.

• Administrators
50 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

Thank you, Fraser. I'll update this thread whenever I hear back from them.

Just to update you, just got off the phone to the CEO and I mentioned your case among other things and he absolutely said we would honor your refund due to the circumstances so don't worry about that. As before if emails aren't aware that is your case let me know your order number and we'll get that sorted for you.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just to update you, just got off the phone to the CEO and I mentioned your case among other things and he absolutely said we would honor your refund due to the circumstances so don't worry about that. As before if emails aren't aware that is your case let me know your order number and we'll get that sorted for you.

Wonderful, thank you. Would you like for me to PM you my order number or just post it here on the thread?

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

Wonderful, thank you. Would you like for me to PM you my order number or just post it here on the thread?

If they don't get back to you then you can post it here that is fine, I'm sure he has passed that on/it will happen anyway so just as a precaution.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If they don't get back to you then you can post it here that is fine, I'm sure he has passed that on/it will happen anyway so just as a precaution.

Okay, I just got an email from them saying they'll process my refund. So I can go ahead and give them my order number and ship it out to the US address they provided?

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, BigDan8 said:

Okay, I just got an email from them saying they'll process my refund. So I can go ahead and give them my order number and ship it out to the US address they provided?

Yes I believe so, they should give you the instructions on what to do.

On 1/5/2021 at 2:47 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes I believe so, they should give you the instructions on what to do.

Excellent. I've written the order number as well as name on the purchase on the package itself as well as on paper inside the R2 box. I will be shipping it out today to the US address provided! I will most definitely be considering getting another R2 in the future once strides have been made on the WiFi/WiFi range improvements. Thank you again for working with me on my refund.