warzone lag

peppipurple

hello,

i experience lagg in warzone on ps4pro and nothing seems to help. (upnp, dmz, port forward, traffic prio, throttle conection)

i have 500down and up connection from kpn the netherlands, experiabox v10A modem.
now have i done a pingplotter test to the server nearby. what do you guys think of it?

the lag i experience is i can't win 1 on 1 gunfights, sometimes i hear sounds lagging. when i drive a truck or shopper my gameplay starts lagging.

ping cod server.png

• Administrators

CoD servers don't respond to traditional pings anymore which is why it is showing 100% packet loss, it's not giving an accurate representation of your connection.

What is your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what ping in game? What are your QoS settings?

ah oke i figured that. i was also wondering about the ping @ hop 6 and 7?

i now playing without the xr500. i just use my modem.

but when i use it my ping is always like 10ms on xr500 and jumping from 30-50 in game.
congestion contr i switch all the time it doenst seem to do anything for me. i mostly the only one using internet @ home 

34 minutes ago, peppipurple said:

i did some benchmark tests with sliders on 70-70 and 60-60 i dont know if this looks good to you?

image.thumb.png.876af0d1353a7ceac6c7ac8c257ef836.png

image.thumb.png.7a763071cbc75880f7819992157c409f.png

I’m no expert on this forum but those numbers don’t look too bad - I do play a lot of warzone and at the present time the game itself just appears to be a laggy mess - I also found when playing on my PS4 pro that what I thought was lag actually turned out to be more of processing delay and Just the console struggling to run the game - a lot of this has disappeared on ps5 though.

when i play with friends, they dont have any of those issues and some of them play on the slim or just the old ps4. so i would gues the pro would be better in handling the game. also forget to mention sometimes when i play in a party my voice chat is lagging from my point

Edited by peppipurple

• Administrators
5 hours ago, peppipurple said:

ah oke i figured that. i was also wondering about the ping @ hop 6 and 7?

i now playing without the xr500. i just use my modem.

but when i use it my ping is always like 10ms on xr500 and jumping from 30-50 in game.
congestion contr i switch all the time it doenst seem to do anything for me. i mostly the only one using internet @ home 

4 hours ago, peppipurple said:

i did some benchmark tests with sliders on 70-70 and 60-60 i dont know if this looks good to you?

3 hours ago, peppipurple said:

when i play with friends, they dont have any of those issues and some of them play on the slim or just the old ps4. so i would gues the pro would be better in handling the game. also forget to mention sometimes when i play in a party my voice chat is lagging from my point

Hard to say if there is an issue specifically at those hops or just because you're pinging the game server. Either way you couldn't do anything about it and you would need to contact the ISP. In game fluctuates based on server load. Those results are good but you could adjust Congestion Control a bit more to get rid of the spikes. Have you added your friends to your allow list?

• 3 weeks later...

ah my bad 😅.

i have a new modem now..  and i did a new test the ping on hop 2 what is my fiber decoder? i dont know how its called in english rip. the ping keeps going 2ms-20ms it says like 7-8 avg but i dont think it supposed to go like 2-20ms. without doing anything with my connection.
the test is first 2.5 sec and after 0.5 just to see what the ping is. i know this are more isp questions but yeah xd

image.thumb.png.b32093cc5cc82c420d24ac55f97e0e00.png