DNS Override Appears to Not Function as Expected

Dustin

Another issue I'm finding with the R2 is overriding DNS to my DNS advertising Sinkhole server AdGuard https://adguard.com/en/welcome.html is not working as expected.  I say this because when doing so ads still appear on yahoo.com for example.  As I cannot use both IPv4 and IPv6 in the DNS override I disable IPv6 on my network adapter in my gaming PC and yet ads still appear.  I manually enter the ip of the AdGuard server and no ads appear.  This is confirmed on iPad as well.  Evidence indicates this functionality is not working as expected.  This is unacceptable.  This configuration has been in place on my network for over a year with no issues from other router brands.  Please note, for troubleshooting the other issues, DNS override is not used to eliminate AdGuard interfering.  My hope is exchanging the product will result in proper functionality and a noticeable improvement to gaming performance.

Please advise.

Not all ads can be blocked via DNS though. Many ads these days are coming from the same domains as the content from the website. Are you running AdGuard on the iPad or another blocker in your gaming PC browser? Unless you have a DNS leak, I'm sure it's working correctly. I've been running NextDNS on individual devices as well as the two DNS entries on the Netduma for a year now. There are so many ads that are now coming from the same domain so they can't be blocked with DNS. 

• Administrators

Have you used a DNS checker to see if it is applying correctly? As above, the blocking itself may not always be realiable. An exchange wouldn't do anything as that is purely on the software side if there is an issue there.