Help!!!!!

Nermsduma

I just got my netduma r2 and the lights are all red not sure if that’s supposed to happen. But I did the whole set up and now it gives me internet if I’m plugged directly into the netduma but the WiFi keeps saying no up address!!!! Helppp

13 hours ago, Nermsduma said:

I just got my netduma r2 and the lights are all red not sure if that’s supposed to happen. But I did the whole set up and now it gives me internet if I’m plugged directly into the netduma but the WiFi keeps saying no up address!!!! Helppp

Welcome to the forum!

Yes, the light are red, that's nothing to worry about.

Is the WiFi password on the bottom of the router correct? If not, you can reset it in Network settings -> WiFi.

I got this up and running now with some new issues. So when I play fifa 21 I don’t see any ping differences but also now on my PlayStation when I’m in a chat I keep getting that error that due to the network my voice can’t be heard and I can’t hear anyone’s voice when my PlayStation is hard wired to the Netduma but when I’m on WiFi it works fine... why is this? 

I did that and it didn’t have any pop ups but I tried it again just now and the voice chat is working. Not sure why but the wireless is like terrible at the moment. Also the ping just does not drop at all from what I usually get before this router came into play. 

• Administrators

Great to hear chat is working. What wireless settings are you currently using? What QoS settings are you using?

If you had a decent setup before then you may not necessarily see a ping decrease but you will be able to keep a quality connection more consistently and gives you the choice of servers if one isn't playing well etc.

• Administrators

Then I would highly recommend you use QoS and use Connection Benchmark to find the best Congestion Control percentages that lower the Ping Under Load test as much as possible. What wireless settings are you using? Are you using Ping Heatmap to determine that?

I turned it on and same issue I did allow that auto setting and wireless settings I didn’t touch. Ping heat map I’m not sure what you want me to do with that..? But when I play fifa my ping will jump from 30 to about 800ms in times of a lot of action. 

• Administrators

Can you post a screenshot of your Connection Benchmark settings please?

I meant how did you determine there is only one server near you - did you use ping heatmap? That is probably an indication that your QoS settings aren't correct or that you need to try and force another server.

• Administrators

Firstly I'd suggest you upgrade to the latest firmware: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33236-announcement-new-r2-firmware-30179/

I'd usually suggest doing a factory reset after the upgrade but only do that if you're confident you can it get it back to the same settings. For the benchmark results you will need to adjust the Congestion Control percentages using Always and do another test, rinse repeat until you find what lowers the results as close to the Ping Test as possible.