Disconnects and upload issues.

Dumatime

Hi I've been using my Netduma router for like 4 years now. Never had any issues, but lately I've been having some. Last night at around 3:20am my internet disconnected. I called my ISP and they said there was nothing on their end so it leads me to believe that something happened to my router during that timeframe. Maybe it had automatic updates or something at that time? Is there a way for me to find out? I have a very reliable ISP and they have told me that the disconnect was not on their end.

• Administrators

If you haven't rebooted the router since then you can check the logs in System Information to see if there is an entry around the time it happened. It's likely that the DHCP lease renewed and that you hadn't noticed it before as it happens during the night, that is normal.

Happened again tonight around the same time. Logs didn't show anything about a DHCP release. They showed a DHCP later as I was checking the logs (a few hours after the DC) so I do not believe it was a DHCP release. What else should I do? My ISP claims it was not on their end.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, dellor said:

Happened again tonight around the same time. Logs didn't show anything about a DHCP release. They showed a DHCP later as I was checking the logs (a few hours after the DC) so I do not believe it was a DHCP release. What else should I do? My ISP claims it was not on their end.

I've given you access to the R1 beta, upgrade to that, then do a factory reset and see if the issue continues.

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

• Administrators
2 hours ago, dellor said:

Factory reset will mean I will have to re-do all my devices and settings right? I have so much time configing all of my devices I don't know if I could do it again

Yes it does mean that, you don't have to reset if you don't wish to but should you encounter an error or issue I'd recommend you do. What kind of configs are you talking about?