settings I should change R2(new owner)

Soenda

Hello. I’ve been having very bad experiences with gameplay on either xbox or PS, online where everything feels sluggish and slow.(wired connection with 500 down 40 up)On games like COD and FIFA. It’s almost unplayable and i dont see this issue when i watch a streamer or youtuber play. 

i’ve tried alot of things and this is kind of my last hope but when i was playing through the R2 it was the same problem again. Is there anything i can change in the settings? I did the geofilter and that’s it.  

I’ll have to return it if this doesn’t solve it, do i have 14 days to ask for a return? 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

• What is your average ping as shown by the Geo-Filter and what does it show in game?
  • Where are you located roughly?
  • You should use QoS as that will help.
  • What are your Connection Benchmark results?
  • What is your exact physical setup?

You can see the return terms here: https://netduma.com/terms/

@Netduma Fraser

i wasn’t getting the full speeds and my nat type was moderate. I’m guessing because my isp modem wasn’t in bridge mode? Do i have to do that? netherlands. Right now i have the netduma upstairs connected to the modem thats on the first floor through ethernat but it’s not in bridge. So i’ll have to put it downstairs? 

1 hour ago, Soenda said:

@Netduma Fraser

i wasn’t getting the full speeds and my nat type was moderate. I’m guessing because my isp modem wasn’t in bridge mode? Do i have to do that? netherlands. Right now i have the netduma upstairs connected to the modem thats on the first floor through ethernat but it’s not in bridge. So i’ll have to put it downstairs? 

This depends on the specific modem and its features.

I would suggest following the below guide in order to achieve an Open NAT:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat

Could you please provide a screenshot of a connection benchmark?

Have you configured QoS? This will greatly help with performance.

What have you got the sliders in Congestion control set to? I would suggest experimenting with these and then running the connection benchmark again to see if you're getting a better score.

Geo-filter looks fine, what is the map showing when you search for a game?

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Soenda said:

@Netduma Liam where can i find these sliders what you're on about?

this is a fifa 20 server, not updated but i guess its the same for fifa 21. 14 ping, is there a way i can make it so i only connect to this server when i go on it?

Those sliders are on the QoS page.

Assuming it is actually a FIFA 21 server then on the Geo-Filter change to the Polygon mode and draw around the area where that server is present and excluding the others. Then boot up the game and search, it should force that server.

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Soenda said:

@Netduma Fraser the xbox slider should be on right? Or should i try it with everything off 

You can keep that on. I suggest you adjust the Congestion Control percentages (while using Always) and then do a benchmark test, rinse repeat until you find the values that lower the Ping Under Load test the most.

Do you know any good mobile hotspot devices that would work for gaming? i think there is something wrong with the connection i get from my isp. They’re not really helpful though. 

I played a game on my 4g phone hotspot and it felt better and more smooth already. Just the speeds are too low for gaming ofcourse.