Super hub 3 and R2 disconnect

liveandletdie34

I received a replacement r2 a little while ago. And I hadn’t been gaming for sometime so hadn’t connected the r2 up now that I have. I have been having an issue we’re internet dropping out but it seems to be from the super hub and not the r2. I never had this issue using the r1. So just wondering if there is any settings in the hub that I need to change since I am using the r2 now cheers in advance 

• Administrators

On the hub give the R2 a static/reserved IP address and place it into the DMZ. That should prevent any drops unless the hub itself drops internet. Will also ensure you have an Open NAT all the time even when the IP would have changed normally.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

On the hub give the R2 a static/reserved IP address and place it into the DMZ. That should prevent any drops unless the hub itself drops internet. Will also ensure you have an Open NAT all the time even when the IP would have changed normally.

Cheers I know how to do the dmz but not sure how to give a static or reserved ip. I don’t suppose you could explain how to or give me a link could you. I used to give my PS4 a static ip on the old super hub if its the same way

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, liveandletdie34 said:

Cheers I know how to do the dmz but not sure how to give a static or reserved ip. I don’t suppose you could explain how to or give me a link could you. I used to give my PS4 a static ip on the old super hub if its the same way

Go to the hub then Advanced Settings, DHCP, click the router in the list then click add rule. Then put that address in the DMZ and you're good to go.