PSN Party not working/Fritzbox->R2 Settings

SachsenPowl

Hi Netduma Community, Hi Fraser, Hi Devs

ATM I am at (Germany Telekom) VDSL100Mbit and an old AVM Fritzbox 7490…

After I opened around 50 Ports in my shitty Fritzbox and also in my R2, I succeed to have an OpenNAT on PS4 and also PC.

Settings Right Now:

Fritzbox: Newest Firmware (Non-Labor/Non-Beta)

-Set static IP for LAN1 – Netduma R2,

-LAN1 – Netduma R2 to Performance-Mode (1Gbit)

-Prioritize R2 as RealTimeApplication, means Highest Priority (I think this is a kind of QoS)

-UPnP enabled,

-Set R2 as Exposed Host, and allow that Netduma can open Ports automatically

-manually opened all Ports for my Games and Services like PSN etc (Around 50 or so, cuz maximum Port Range on Fritzbox is crappy -.- 255 -.-)

-IPv6 enabled.

-DNS to google – 8888/8844 (IPv4 and IPv6)

Netduma R2: Newest Firmware

-WAN to DHCP (on Static, even with correct IP Settings I got no Internet working… don’t  know why ),

-WAN IPv6 enabled,

-Upstream DNS cuz DNS set on my AIO/Modem,

-LAN IPv6 enabled,

-LAN Set PS4 & PC to a static IP,

-LAN UPnP enabled,

-LAN PortFowarding, opened all the Ports I needed (similar like in my Fritzbox),

-Setup WiFi,

-Set PS4 to DeviceTyp Playstation / PC to DeviceTyp Computer

-CC QoS 70/20 – Bandwith Allocation Up/Down to 75% Gaming (got perfect straight lines and Triple A+ Rating 😊 )

-Geo-Fillter Setting outside my Region, but Ping Assist 25ms (works really fine)

PS:

-Set my IP-Settings and Gateway to R2, and DNS to Google 8888/8844 (I have tried to set my NetdumaR2/Gateway-IP as DNS-Settings in PS but I think that was not as good as it is now with Google)

With these Settings I got a pretty good hitreg in CoDMW on my PS4 and also PC.

But now the Problems I run into:

-I think that the Fritzbox Priority (QoS) is not working correctly and/or

-I think that the Fritzbox UPnP is not working correctly and/or

-I think that the Fritzbox Exposed-Host is not working correctly

BECAUSE

- I cannot join any of my friends in PSN-Party-Chat, always error message anything about connection… They cannot hear me, I cannot hear them In Microphone-Settings (where I can adjust Volume), I hear that my Voice is going to the Servers, and back to me…

But In-Game-Voice-Chat always works fine… - In PS Network Settings it shows NAT Typ 2 and In Game it shows Open..

//First I thought it is because One of my Friends has ModeratNAT and that is the Problem, but my Friends can join/hear/talk to each other, but if I join, I cannot hear anyone and they cannot hear me…

Maybe I have DoubleNAT Problems??? But don’t know how to proof that and don’t know how to Fix that (if I really got DoubleNAT)

In two days my new AiO Modem/Router arrives – AVM Fritzbox 7590, and at same day my new (Germany Telekom) VDSL250Mbit too 😊

Then I clean flash new 7590 Firmware and set it up (without connected to Internet) – and after that clean flash newest Firmware for R2 and set it up.

I will also call the Support from AVM (Fritzbox), maybe they got any Tips or maybe they fixed the “issues” with a new Labor/Beta-Firmware (with my Fritzbox 7490 I am not on a Beta/Labor-Firmware right now)

Do you have any Tips to avoid DoubleNAT and setup the optimal Settings for the R2???

Sry for the long text but I don’t know how to fix the PSN Party Chat Issues… But I hope my new AiO/7590 will fix it..

• Administrators

Have you added your friends to your allow list on the Geo-Filter? If not you may need to do this to hear them properly. It won't be double NAT I don't think but you do have a lot of port changes that could be conflicting with each other - it's most likely you just need to add them on the Geo-Filter though.

Is there any way to bypass these? I have same problems and similar hardware.. i ran into same problems...

I have tryed but it not shows me the server, after i connect to psn party servers... So i cannot allow my friends...

It only shows me 10sec after i connect to a matchmaking server...

I need to put Ports on my Fritzbox to get OpenNAT, maybe i have to disable upnp!?

No I dont have added my friends to allow list, is this necessary or just one thing i can try?

btw: the Fritzbox DONT have Option to put anything in DMZ, it is called "Exposed Host", but I think this is not working correctly... Do you think that I must to disable UPnP inside my Fritzbox and ONLY opened the Ports inside Fritzbox? I am about 99% sure that UPnP or the ExposedHost is not working correctly, i will try to contact AVM (Company behind Fritzbox), but I need a proper guide to setup the R2 correctly, the Guides I have also read but for me with these crap of a Fritzbox, it is little different to get everything working and only issue is that the PSN Partychat is not working, but perfect Hitreg!

Edit: called the Company: "Theoretically no Issues with UPnP, No Issues with Exposed Host, If these is for you not working than we dont know what to do... These functions are not much used so dont know what to do.."

AVM dont allow to set it as Modem only, BridgeMode, DMZ... such a crap

• Administrators
On 12/2/2020 at 9:24 AM, SachsenPowl said:

No I dont have added my friends to allow list, is this necessary or just one thing i can try?

btw: the Fritzbox DONT have Option to put anything in DMZ, it is called "Exposed Host", but I think this is not working correctly... Do you think that I must to disable UPnP inside my Fritzbox and ONLY opened the Ports inside Fritzbox? I am about 99% sure that UPnP or the ExposedHost is not working correctly, i will try to contact AVM (Company behind Fritzbox), but I need a proper guide to setup the R2 correctly, the Guides I have also read but for me with these crap of a Fritzbox, it is little different to get everything working and only issue is that the PSN Partychat is not working, but perfect Hitreg!

Edit: called the Company: "Theoretically no Issues with UPnP, No Issues with Exposed Host, If these is for you not working than we dont know what to do... These functions are not much used so dont know what to do.."

AVM dont allow to set it as Modem only, BridgeMode, DMZ... such a crap

Probably the easiest way to double check before doing that is to disable the Geo-Filter, do you have any of the issues you mentioned regarding joining/chatting with your friends? If you don't have issues then it will be necessary to add them to your allow list. If you still have the issues even with the Geo-Filter disabled then it will be another issue and we can look into that further. 

What makes you say UPnP/exposed host isn't working on the Fritzbox? Brilliant response by the ISP, much worse than I expected! Although the way you've got an open NAT isn't necessarily what I would recommend it is working so I would hesitate before changing anything relating to that as it could cause the NAT to go moderate etc. 

Ok thx, i will try that without GeoFilter. But can test it in a few days...

Without port forwarding, only with UPnP, nothing works, so for me i have to manually port forward everything to the netduma...

Anyways i will try it without geo filter, in my location i think i always get connectet to good servers..

I played lasst weeks with geofilter on, and i not have to allow or den any servers cuz for me all servers are fine.

Thanks for your help :)