Lower Bandwidth and Sync Drops?

Unfinished

I'm trying to diagnose a potential line fault with fluctuating bandwidth and sync drops.

Given the known issues with the R2 connection drops and stability, is there any chance that the router or modem are causing this? 

My broadband speed has dropped down to around 14M (from a previous stable 18M) at the moment and sometimes near 10M and after speaking with my ISP, it does look like the issues coincide with the installation of the R2.

Having such limited bandwidth in a household with medium to heavy use is very frustrating and with no prospect of the local infrastructure being upgraded any time soon, I need to optimise what I have.

I have had to regularly reboot the R2 since I've had it and this is the second one, as the first was returned suspect.

I've had to reset the R2 today as well. I updated yesterday over the old settings and it dropped out today around 5pm. I've since carried out a reset and will keep an eye on things.

I am still fairly sure that there is an underlying fault with the line, but according to my ISP, all seems well. The thing is, it's an old line and replacing it would cost an awful lot of money, the ISP certainly wouldn't feel it was worth their trouble.

• Administrators

Okay please mention that in the other topic and reply with the addition information requested so we can narrow it down. It's possible due to rebooting a lot that DLM for example has kicked in which has temporarily lowered your speeds. Check my comments in the other topic and see if that helps with the disconnections and hopefully your speeds will resume in a few days time without further reboots.