Netduma R2 mobile application, Game filtering unavailable

Elite Gaming Arena

After updating my Netduma R2 to latest firmware, when I use mobile app, Geofilter and activate filtering mode. Message popped up saying "Game Filtering Unavailable". Previously without update i use to load my PS4 game COD Modern Warfare game. Upon reaching game main menu i use to open app on my mobile and activate Geofilter, Filtering mode. It use to work. Its no longer work.

Over several posts I learned that before playing any game (in my case COD). We suppose to take following steps:

1) Load the game on ps4.

2) Upon reaching menu.

3) we suppose to log on to Netduma r2 and click on already added device to activate filtering mode.

4) once its activated we click on warzone or multiplayer mode.

I also read that now we could do same process over mobile application and no longer required to use laptop.

Prior to latest firmware update, this function was working on mobile app and after firmware update. I am receiving message "Game Filtering Unavailable" when I try activating already added ps4 device.

I hope you got it. 

• Administrators

I would not advise loading the game up before you apply settings. As the game pings all available servers during boot up it will determine you can connect to servers that you will later end up blocking and this could extend search times dramatically. I would suggest you have the console completely off, add the device to the Geo-Filter, adjust settings, wait 2 minutes then boot up the game/console. 

Has the PS4 got a PlayStation device type in the device manager? When you add it to the Geo-Filter are you selecting the manual option?

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Thanks for prompt reply, yes in device manager device type is PlayStation. 

Yes I have selected manually COD.

Select the manual option, not the cod option, so don't choose the part where it says recommended just do manual and should be good.

I made the changes yet when I try to activate filtering mode from mobile application I get attached image.

I have attached image of Geofilter so you could see that device type is console.

After loading game shall I leave filtering mode on and turn off laptop and continue playing online?

Screenshot_20201201-155224.jpg

20201201_155607.jpg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

I made the changes yet when I try to activate filtering mode from mobile application I get attached image.

I have attached image of Geofilter so you could see that device type is console.

After loading game shall I leave filtering mode on and turn off laptop and continue playing online?

1 hour ago, Elite Gaming Arena said:

On other note how often we have to FORCE CLOUD UPDATE and FLUSH CLOUD?

Okay great thank you, I was able to reproduce something similar but not exactly the same but it may be related. When you're having that issue could you go to Settings on the App > App Diagnostics > Enable Diagnostics > Click Accept > Generate Full Log > Save/export the log and post here please?

Yes I'd suggest doing that in the meantime. You don't need to flush/force the cloud updates at all, only if told really as they will download the latest updates by themselves.

• Administrators
On 12/2/2020 at 9:13 AM, Elite Gaming Arena said:

Hi again,

After several attempts to export Generate Full Log app crashes and only allow me to send feed back. Do you think screen shots will help if I paste over here?

Check your phone downloads folder as it may have saved there automatically when pressing the button before crashing. I don't think screen shots will help in this instance unfortunately as we know how we could reproduce the issue, it just isn't reproducible on our end. However, I have spoken to the app developer and they have fixed an issue for toggling devices/game and it affects quite a few so this is most likely resolved in the next version.