Jump to content
Aroner777

Alaska gaming

Recommended Posts

Hello, I like playing alot of call of duty and recently moved to Alaska. I'm guessing there are no gaming servers near here. The closest one is in Washington I believe. Is there anyone here that lives in Alaska and has the Netduma R2 or similar that's has had good games by it. I'm kind of disappointed with me dying so quickly in Cold War and knowing I would win gun battles most of the time. Will this gaming router help to connect fairly well or atleast to a good gaming server. It kind of sucks living far away, well for gaming only ofcourse. Thanks in advance gaming bros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Aroner777 said:

Hello, I like playing alot of call of duty and recently moved to Alaska. I'm guessing there are no gaming servers near here. The closest one is in Washington I believe. Is there anyone here that lives in Alaska and has the Netduma R2 or similar that's has had good games by it. I'm kind of disappointed with me dying so quickly in Cold War and knowing I would win gun battles most of the time. Will this gaming router help to connect fairly well or atleast to a good gaming server. It kind of sucks living far away, well for gaming only ofcourse. Thanks in advance gaming bros.

Hi, I´m afraid that theres not much you can do if you live far from the servers. I live +900 miles away from my closest server and never managed to improve the delays even if I have low ping. If I could live in Alaska, I would forget about cod for sure :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The closest server to you is located here: image.png

I don't really know what the quality of internet is like in Alaska but that's not too far away generally. With the router you could force that every time - not saying it would definitely a good server but it is the closest. Closer to home the router would eliminate any local congestion to make the connection as good as it can be given the circumstance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2020 at 4:15 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

The closest server to you is located here: image.png

I don't really know what the quality of internet is like in Alaska but that's not too far away generally. With the router you could force that every time - not saying it would definitely a good server but it is the closest. Closer to home the router would eliminate any local congestion to make the connection as good as it can be given the circumstance.

Actually Fraser I live just south of the Alaskan Pan Handle and have servers pop up in my Geo-Filter in Washington, and Utah.  Something I can't really understand I use Geo in Polygon mode and the Player Icon keeps popping up on the opposite side of the area from me in Oklahoma.  This is on PC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just put my modem wifi into bridge mode and hooked up my new netgear ac1900 router to it and did the whole QoS and man my games run alot smoother now. But I'm still waiting on my Netdumar R2 to get here and mess around with it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Braidster said:

Actually Fraser I live just south of the Alaskan Pan Handle and have servers pop up in my Geo-Filter in Washington, and Utah.  Something I can't really understand I use Geo in Polygon mode and the Player Icon keeps popping up on the opposite side of the area from me in Oklahoma.  This is on PC.

Could you provide a screenshot please? Also I would advise you change the PC to have a PlayStation device type in the Device Manager and add it to the Geo-Filter using the manual option and it should filter better as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...