XR1000 .50 update

• Administrators

Right click on the page > Inspect Element > go to the Network tab > Click disable cache

Hold click the browser refresh button until you get the option to hard refresh and clear cache and click it. See if that sorts it please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Right click on the page > Inspect Element > go to the Network tab > Click disable cache

Hold click the browser refresh button until you get the option to hard refresh and clear cache and click it. See if that sorts it please.

You sir are a legend, that did it thank you. Also what are you doing working on a Saturday lol

10 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Actually one more question sorry, should I keep AX on and MU-Mimo off? Or both on? Or just AX off and MU-Mimo on? 

Neither should hurt and both rely on devices supporting those protocols. I have zero issues with both on as I’m running an AX router but there is the firmware side to consider but it should be fine. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

You sir are a legend, that did it thank you. Also what are you doing working on a Saturday lol

13 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

Last question, for when I'm manually adding packets to prioritize, it has an option to "Apply to WAN" would you suggest that or no?

Brilliant to hear that! I work every weekend :) If you're using the device wirelessly then select Gaming/Voice and apply to WAN, otherwise if it is wired then just select Normal (Default)

Good answer for wireless ^

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

Neither should hurt and both rely on devices supporting those protocols. I have zero issues with both on as I’m running an AX router but there is the firmware side to consider but it should be fine. 

See that's the thing. I keep getting disconnects with AX on. So I ended up disabling it. Nothing I have supports it currently but it still is unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Brilliant to hear that! I work every weekend :) If you're using the device wirelessly then select Gaming/Voice and apply to WAN, otherwise if it is wired then just select Normal (Default)

Good answer for wireless ^

Okay thank you. 

4 hours ago, djhixson88 said:

See that's the thing. I keep getting disconnects with AX on. So I ended up disabling it. Nothing I have supports it currently but it still is unfortunate. 

That’s a firmware issue. NG seem to work a bit behind at times so I’m guessing it’s not up to the same as the RAX50 which the XR1000 is based on. The RAX50 is getting good reports and that’s fine.

do they offer PMF or any other settings within either standard or advanced options?

I am using a RAX120 at the moment.

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

That’s a firmware issue. NG seem to work a bit behind at times so I’m guessing it’s not up to the same as the RAX50 which the XR1000 is based on. The RAX50 is getting good reports and that’s fine.

do they offer PMF or any other settings within either standard or advanced options?

I am using a RAX120 at the moment.

Yeah I figured as such. I do not see any options for PMF 

52 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

Yeah I figured as such. I do not see any options for PMF 

That’s interesting, does it offer WPA3 under the security options for WiFi?

if not I would say it’s not been added but with WPA3 it must include PMF. 

I’ll have to check if that’s included with the RAX50 which might hint at differences in the firmwares.

edit, yes the RAX50 does support WPA3. 

8 minutes ago, Newfie said:

That’s interesting, does it offer WPA3 under the security options for WiFi?

if not I would say it’s not been added but with WPA3 it must include PMF. 

I’ll have to check if that’s included with the RAX50 which might hint at differences in the firmwares.

edit, yes the RAX50 does support WPA3. 

I'm not seeing it anywhere. Maybe @Netduma Fraser can chime in

38 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

I'm not seeing it anywhere. Maybe @Netduma Fraser can chime in

Ok thanks, that’s a Netgear issue, it means that the firmware is not the same as the RAX50. I would expect to see this added at some point which leads me to think that’s why there is an issue on the AX side. 

20 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Ok thanks, that’s a Netgear issue, it means that the firmware is not the same as the RAX50. I would expect to see this added at some point which leads me to think that’s why there is an issue on the AX side. 

Could be. It's not a big deal to me currently since nothing I have currently supports wifi 6. Great router otherwise. Though I think the R2 does a better job as handling ping under load. Thankfully my connection doesn't get loaded when I game 

3 minutes ago, djhixson88 said:

Could be. It's not a big deal to me currently since nothing I have currently supports wifi 6. Great router otherwise. Though I think the R2 does a better job as handling ping under load. Thankfully my connection doesn't get loaded when I game 

When they sort those drivers out you will have blistering connection rates with AX devices and very stable WiFi. Should be a nice router in the long run.