xr1000 beta firmware XR1000-V1.0.0.47_1.0.43: chromebooks and tvs keep disconnecting and staying disconnected

XR1000-V1.0.0.47_1.0.43
On our laptops and phones we each had to forget the network and re-add. For the tvs and chromebook we have done this but it keeps dropping or on some devices will no longer connect. 

a. I keep getting "The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp" on various screens in chrome but not edge.

b. i cant get in past this page... will try again later . 

one device had a "dhcp error" but it disappeared too quickly

changes from stock
a. qos is enabled, up/down set to 60% 
b. smart connect is enabled (same 2.4/5ghz ssids), last time i checked. however the nighthawk mobile displayed disabled, so i am enabling it now and rebooting. 

after reboot and clearing cache, still stuck cannot access interface yarg

13 hours ago, oroechimaru said:

i was going to send logs... the email server setting was burried under content filtering, which is a feature i do not want to configure. possibly allow "download zip" so we can dm staff on forums the zip or send in email

image.png.74ac85517c912644cf8c3d2cfde6d2e8.png

The email is one you set up and it will email you the logs.  I have done this in the past when I worked on Beta firmware for NG so I have regular logs to send on.

• Administrators

I would recommend enabling MU-MIMO as well as disabling Smart Connect and connecting devices to 2.4 or 5GHz manually. It might be when they are switching between 2.4/5GHz using Smart Connect that that is when they're disconnecting.

honestly dont build features from 2020 if your asking us to dumb down routers to 2010 with disabling smart connect. fix smart connect in your firmware instead. the devices shouldnt be ping ponging between 2.4/5.2ghz. they are not so i dont think this is related. 

its not smart connect though, its something with dhcp failing after resetting the firmware after the beta update. once i forgot the network on each device, powercycled the router then reconfigured each device it was fine. that is a major pita along with a firmware reset everytime to update router firmware.  

i am hestiant to enable mu-mimo since my ping rate dropped 40ms... i can and see if it creeps back up poorly in games. mu-mimo is disabled by default by your firmware, if its a best practice maybe have it enabled? if not, there are articles around here telling you to keep it disabled? 

i think the items above are largely related to the firmware update. once everything was reset its fine but having to reset / forget each network on 15+ devices is silly. 

Guest Killhippie
5 minutes ago, oroechimaru said:

honestly dont build features from 2020 if your asking us to dumb down routers to 2010 with disabling smart connect. fix smart connect in your firmware instead. the devices shouldnt be ping ponging between 2.4/5.2ghz. they are not so i dont think this is related. 

its not smart connect though, its something with dhcp failing after resetting the firmware after the beta update. once i forgot the network on each device, powercycled the router then reconfigured each device it was fine. that is a major pita along with a firmware reset everytime to update router firmware.  

i am hestiant to enable mu-mimo since my ping rate dropped 40ms... i can and see if it creeps back up poorly in games. mu-mimo is disabled by default by your firmware, if its a best practice maybe have it enabled? if not, there are articles around here telling you to keep it disabled? 

i think the items above are largely related to the firmware update. once everything was reset its fine but having to reset / forget each network on 15+ devices is silly. 

MU-Mimo has no effect on my ping in a RAX120 it shouldn't on yours also you do need two MU compatible devices to gain the best from it, but leaving the flag on should not cause issues, unless you have enabled wideband 40Mhz on 2.4 and 160 on 5Ghz.

• Administrators

I'm trying to troubleshoot the issue, that will involve trying different settings. I don't know for certain if Smart Connect would cause that, now you've tried it we can try something else. If you think the DHCP is failing then set reserved/static IPs for the devices in LAN Settings and see if that keeps the devices connected.

ya sorry was frustrated earlier. i think it was a 1 time dhcp issue on each device after the firmware update.  i dont really want to spend hours configuring everything each time if it requires a firmware reset. id rather not setup complex static rules if it blows away and requires u to memorize all the static ip settings but i may just do it generically so they dont fail.

this happened again (reset and beta firmware) with the chromebook when connecting to zoom

a. internet would work

b. dhcp would fail

we upgraded to the new milestone non-beta firmware last night and it fixed the dhcp errors for internet but did not have a zoom class for the kid to test. hopefully its fixed but if not i will have to troubleshoot further. 

I tried doing a few static ips for each mac address but gave up for now its just not user friendly. it wasnt able to pickup the mac address device name for the chromebook so hopefully i got the right mac address (blank names then gave it a blank name of unknown1)

a. after adding 5 devices the router crashed and i had to power cycle

b. went back in added 3 devices, it crashed but recovered and i added a few items

c. its super slow (takes 1-2 minutes to add then apply) each pc

d. suggestion: allow to select 10+ devices at the same time to set static ips then apply instead of having to add 5-10 devices > then apply (since if it crashes its a frustrating experience) under lan setup

you often end up with these errors and may need to power cycle
image.png.69ccdb05364efea075bf78d4350349eb.pngimage.png.802fdffe0839a2744cb1155b524d2af5.png

• 2 weeks later...