Router Reboot R2 FW .179

BIG__DOG

Still suffering from the same old issue of random reboot. Went for a full week without issues. Just got into bed and the wifi had gone off. Got up in the middle of the night and it was back on so popped down and logged into the router to see it had rebooted itself . Here is the log file and screenshot of up time. Was hoping this ancient issue would have been resolved after all this time but it is still prevalent. :(   There are also a large cluster of daemon errors at the bottom.

Screenshot_20201112_024640.jpg

log-1605149086752.txt

• Administrators

Was it really hot to touch when it rebooted did you notice? How is it connected to power - is it possible there was a mini outage? The logs won't indicate anything to do with the reboot as they would have been wiped when it did that unfortunately.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was it really hot to touch when it rebooted did you notice? How is it connected to power - is it possible there was a mini outage? The logs won't indicate anything to do with the reboot as they would have been wiped when it did that unfortunately.

I dont think it was a mini outage as the router rebooted rather than just a connection drop. There was also no power fluctuations either at that time. as I was in bed at the time and noticed alexa would not turn off the lights and had the red ring). I wasn't going back down and waited til I had to get up and then saw that it had rebooted at the same time as I got into bed.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

I dont think it was a mini outage as the router rebooted rather than just a connection drop. There was also no power fluctuations either at that time. as I was in bed at the time and noticed alexa would not turn off the lights and had the red ring). I wasn't going back down and waited til I had to get up and then saw that it had rebooted at the same time as I got into bed.

There will be a new build very soon, if it still happens then we can try and get you on a build with some debug options to give us access to more information.

• Administrators
14 hours ago, GUIinMTL said:

Hello!

I have the same issue. I had about 1 week without any issues. I had to rebooted it a couple of days ago and I just had to do it now.

The features are great, but if I loose internet then what are the features good for?

Let's get this fixed! 

Thanks!

log-1605223979123.txt 69.14 kB · 0 downloads

Have you upgraded to the .179 firmware and then did you do a factory reset?

6 hours ago, GUIinMTL said:

I don’t think I did the reset to factory.

Can I backup my configuration (Like SSIDs their passwords and such) and restore it?

thanks! 

That feature is currently not available, Netduma have stated previously that they plan to implement this feature in a future firmware release. Hopefully it is added sooner rather than later as it is a common feature on most other routers. 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, GUIinMTL said:

So I did a factory reset and about a week after, same thing happened again...

Maybe also part of the solution is to be able to schedule reboots during the night so this doesn't happen in the middle of an important meeting...

I attached my logs...

Let's get this resolved! :)

log-1605920250149.txt 72.86 kB · 0 downloads

Do you have the router close to any other electrical equipment at all?

• Administrators

Okay thanks. The logs are wiped after reboot so what you have there won't point to the issue unfortunately. We've got a new firmware being tested at the moment, hopefully that is fine and we can release it which may make it more stable for you. How hot is the underside of the router?

It’s been lifted since. 
But it just started happening again.

i lost connectivity, had to power cycle it.

After a reboot, i had to reboot many times and sometimes it seems that it couldn’t handle the load and I would lose connection again. 

i almost did another factory reset.

i attached some logs maybe they would help to show why it was unstable.

log-1606435490700.txt

So the network looses access to the Wan port, and it stays like that for a really long time, it was still down the next morning once.

last night when it happened, It happened multiple times. It would be up for 30 minutes and then I had to reboot it.

sonetimes I had access to dumasOS to use the reboot function. Sometimes I had to unplug the power because the page wouldn’t load.

are those clarifications what you were looking for?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, GUIinMTL said:

So the network looses access to the Wan port, and it stays like that for a really long time, it was still down the next morning once.

last night when it happened, It happened multiple times. It would be up for 30 minutes and then I had to reboot it.

sonetimes I had access to dumasOS to use the reboot function. Sometimes I had to unplug the power because the page wouldn’t load.

are those clarifications what you were looking for?

Yes that is great thank you, could you reply to the topic I posted if you don't mind? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/33667-having-disconnect-issues-please-post-here/