Could not detect an internet connection

RoachMongrill

Hello, 

I’ve own the R2 router since august with no problems. This evening I noticed I had no WiFi and went on my computer to trouble shoot. I could get into the routers home page but no WiFi or wired connection. Updated to the lasted firmware and factory reset the router. Now I have no internet connection detected. Wired straight up to my modem for firmware update so I know the modem is working as intended. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

RoachMongrill

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, RoachMongrill said:

Correct, I was able to apply the last eat firmware last night using just the modem. When I get to set bandwidth speeds I am unable to move forward. Next button does nothing. 

Have you entered speeds in manually?

So I tried rebooting and factory reset and am back to the first images I posted with no internet connection. Guess I need to know if this is something that qualifies for a replacement or I need to start looking for a new router. Thanks again for all your help. 

5 hours ago, RoachMongrill said:

Hello Fraser, 

I get unable to connect messages. I have tried multiple reboots/factory resets with no luck. Read some earlier posts and tried the 30/30/30 reset method as well. 

CD8600A8-D449-45CA-8D1B-99F8E4FCC8F8.jpeg

297B09EF-921A-49EC-BAAC-73929FBF5F23.jpeg

I had the same issue at one point, I ended up having to unplug my modem and router and after several manual hard resets with a paperclip it finally took and allowed me to connect to 192.168.77.1. And when I was able to reconnect I noticed that my network wasn't showing up on the list of networks, so I then had to go back and reset up my networks again and separate them and then reboot my router again and it seemed to work. I can't really explain why it did but it did, so if this ever comes up again I know where to start.I know this is very vague info and our issues might not be the same but they have some things in common.

Thanks for your input, fuzzy clam. I’ve been at this for nearly 24 hrs. Reset, reboot. Rinse, repeat. When I get internet to the pc I can’t reach the router and when I can’t get internet it lets me in the router. Very strange. I upgraded the firmware in the beginning yesterday hopping that was the hang up. I’m at a loss right now and my limited knowledge is no help. Leads me to believe it’s a hardware issue. 

@Netduma FraserI'm having the same issue, except I just bought mine and it will not connect out of the box. I also did the same things as above. I'm with Wave Broadband in the Pacific Northwest and also have a Arris SB8200 modem. Should I consider returning this and getting a NightHawk with the DumaOS?  Only commonality is the region and the modem. Maybe a modem/router communication problem?

@RoachMongrill did you every get yours working or waiting on a replacement? 

IMG-3789.JPG

• Administrators
9 hours ago, BenUSA said:

@Netduma FraserI'm having the same issue, except I just bought mine and it will not connect out of the box. I also did the same things as above. I'm with Wave Broadband in the Pacific Northwest and also have a Arris SB8200 modem. Should I consider returning this and getting a NightHawk with the DumaOS?  Only commonality is the region and the modem. Maybe a modem/router communication problem?

I posted a reply to where you posted before but basically: When the R2 is connected, access the modem interface, does it see the R2 at all as a connected device and give it an IP address?