VLAN Feature on R2

nWoMaverick

Hey Team, 

I bought the R2 with the hope of more frequent updates to the Software, i have a XR500 and now a R2.

I want to setup my WAN settings and now iam very disapointed to see that the R2 hasn´t the Option to make VLAN Tags. A feature that is implemented in XR500 since release.

My Provider uses VLAN7 over PPPOE. So the R2 i bought is totally useless 4 me because i can´t connect to the internet with it. Please !PLEASE! I do see that iam not the only one missing this very important feature. 

I Found a topic from August, in this topic it was said that end of August the vlan Feature would be implemented. Now it is mid November. And please try to implement the VLAN Feature without fucking qos up. In my XR500 the qos high priority Queue isnt working because of vlan i think. You replied in netgear forum at this topic. 

Can u please talk to your Networks professionells that the Vlan has priority for All german users which have "Deutsche Telekom" as Provider? Because all Customers of Telekom cant Connect to the Internet without the ability of vlan7 on WAN port.

The VLAN could also be interesting for the French people using the Internet provider "Free"  and its "Freebox" ADSL boxes, because their are using a VLAN between the modem and the TV player. By not supporting VLAN, the player cannot be plugged behind the R2 router.

The provider 'Free' is currently having around 6 686 000 clients using their services.

7 hours ago, GavadaKro said:

The VLAN could also be interesting for the French people using the Internet provider "Free"  and its "Freebox" ADSL boxes, because their are using a VLAN between the modem and the TV player. By not supporting VLAN, the player cannot be plugged behind the R2 router.

The provider 'Free' is currently having around 6 686 000 clients using their services.

J'ai la mini 4k et elle n'utilise pas de vlan 100. C'est la seule de la famille freebox, Il me semble. Il faudrait se renseigner sur les autres Pop et Delta. En tout cas mon player mini 4k fonctionne parfaitement derrière mon R2 qui lui est derrière ma mini 4k en bridge.

2 hours ago, Densha-Warrior said:

J'ai la mini 4k et elle n'utilise pas de vlan 100. C'est la seule de la famille freebox, Il me semble. Il faudrait se renseigner sur les autres Pop et Delta. En tout cas mon player mini 4k fonctionne parfaitement derrière mon R2 qui lui est derrière ma mini 4k en bridge.

Oui je parlais pour ma part de la Freebox Revolution qui est assez populaire. Je n'ai pas l'info pour la Pop et la Delta.
Yes, I was talking about the "Freebox Revolution", which is quite popular and widely used. I don't know if the new Pop and Delta are using that VLAN.