I'm on Firmware - V2.3.2.104-DumaOS3.0-Beta   Duma OS -3.0.150

I updated to the above around Oct 10th 2020. It went off without a hitch and I observed no problems at all. I had roughly 3 weeks with new firmware and OS without issue.

This started about a week ago,  I lost internet on LAN and Wi-Fi. I rebooted the XR500, internet came back. Next night same thing, no internet, reboot. Every evening, I have to reboot to get intenet back, again, both LAN and Wi-Fi. 

I have not reset to factory as I've read on these forums of others doing the same without it fixing the issue. 

If I could please request to PM/DM my logs as it has personal info in it.

Also, I'm getting various errors when applying changes within the settings interface. For instance, in the Qos section, any changes I make, it says applying then an error box pops up with the message:

RPC error 'ERROR_NOENT' Rile not found in chain

Thanks,

Rob

ISP is WOW/Wide Open West Cable - ISP Modem Surfboard SB8200 - direct to XR500 - Direct to 2 PC's via ethernet, the rest is Wi-Fi, Phones, Tablets, TV, Laptop, etc.

All on Cat7 wiring.

Thanks for the reply.

Will do, thanks.

Ok, I use Splashtop to remote into all my computers at work and home. I remoted into my PC, not the router, and used Chrome as I always do to login to 192.168.1.1. 

I get the spinner for about 1 minute then a message pops up: This RAPP is not loaded yet, please try again in a minute. Ok is the only choice and when I click ok, its back to the spinner in which I let run for 12 minutes. It's just the red screen and spinner in the middle.

I'm not at home to reboot and will have to wait until then to implement your static IP suggestion.

I will keep you updated.

Thanks,

Rob

Got home, rebooted and was able to get past the above mentioned errors. I already had a few of my devices with a static IP and added about 8 more. So far, I haven't needed to reboot.

I have other errors on other pages too. I will start a new topic on those. Specifically the Geofilter.

Thanks,

Rob

I have the same issue with reboots on beta Fw V2.3.2.104  (XR500-SB8200)..I've unloaded most devices to a repeater (this seemed to fix r app not loading geo filter and device manager issue), changed wifi channels, static ip's for all my devices (with exception of repeater) and factory reset. Despite this, it still reboots every 30-60 mins. Just started doing this in the last few days. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Revererence79 said:

I have the same issue with reboots on beta Fw V2.3.2.104  (XR500-SB8200)..I've unloaded most devices to a repeater (this seemed to fix r app not loading geo filter and device manager issue), changed wifi channels, static ip's for all my devices (with exception of repeater) and factory reset. Despite this, it still reboots every 30-60 mins. Just started doing this in the last few days. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you absolutely certain it is rebooting rather than disconnecting? Does the power LED turn red? Are you connected to a power extender? If so plug it directly into the wall please and see if that prevents the reboots.

Hi, thank you,

It's plugged directly into a wall..Led's turn red so I'm not sure, it reconnects relatively quickly. All led light go off but the power light indicator all the way to the left which is red. Do you think it may be the power adapter? It's almost identical to the issue xrobwx71 and close to the time-line 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. Are you absolutely certain it is rebooting rather than disconnecting? Does the power LED turn red? Are you connected to a power extender? If so plug it directly into the wall please and see if that prevents the 

Hi, thank you,

It's plugged directly into a wall..Led's turn red so I'm not sure, it reconnects relatively quickly. All led light go off but the power light indicator all the way to the left which is red. Do you think it may be the power adapter? It's almost identical to the issue xrobwx71 and close to the time-line

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is certainly possible yes if it's actually rebooting which it sounds like it is, do you have another with similar voltage you can try?

Didn't have a chance to change the adapter but it hasn't rebooted. I'm walking very softly by it lol.  I'm not sure if this is helpful but I discovered two things. One of these (or some combination) corrected the r app not loading and I can now view geo filter and device manager:

*Static IP's for each device

*Offloading devices to the repeater. It obviously doesn't like one or more of them because previously the only way to get geo and device manager up was to turn wifi off, delete devices and reconnect 

*Disabling MU-MIMO 

Secondly, the last device I moved to the repeater was a Ring doorbell and it hasn't rebooted since. Not sure if this has anything to do with the issue but I figured I would bring it to your attention. I'll reach back out if it reboots again- Thanks

Just got back from vacation and had to reboot the router. 

First symptom was the smart TV. It said I was connected to the router but no internet. My daughters Fire Tablet exhibited the same behavior. I had not checked any other WiFi connected devices and simply rebooted the router which immediately fixed the issues.

The Ethernet -Router connected PC did not have any issues before or after rebooting the router.

On 11/15/2020 at 3:24 AM, Newfie said:

This may sound strange but under internet setting check it’s not on dial up setting and is set to always on. NG routers tend to default to this and when the router is quiet it turns off. Shot in the dark but worth checking.

I'm not seeing a setting for dial up, unless you mean the question, "Does your internet require a login".  It's set to No.

I appreciate the reply and idea. Any idea is worth checking.

Thanks,

Rob

• Administrators

You could try applying the firmware again via TFTP and then doing a factory reset, it would give you the freshest install possible and hopefully keep you online until the next build:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You could try applying the firmware again via TFTP and then doing a factory reset, it would give you the freshest install possible and hopefully keep you online until the next build:

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP

I'll do that this week.