LED lights not working on the xr500

this is the first issue ive encountered with this router in almost 2 yrs. all of a sudden the power led is the only one working. the wifi leds and the ethernet ports arent working at the moment. which is causing traffic priority not work . ive tried factory resetting and downgrading the firmware it didnt help

• Administrators

Two things to check first, has the LED off switch been turned off at the back of the router? Has it been disabled in Advanced Settings > LED Control Settings? Why do you think it is affecting priority also?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Two things to check first, has the LED off switch been turned off at the back of the router? Has it been disabled in Advanced Settings > LED Control Settings? Why do you think it is affecting priority also?

i never turn the leds off. the ethernet ports arent blinking either 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is that the case @kevo that WiFi and ethernet is not working at all so you have no internet via any connection method?

the internet still works they lights arent working whenever i turn on my ps4 the ethernet port led doesnt light up

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so the LEDs have likely burned out then. What did you mean priority wasn't working exactly?

when i start gaming the light doesnt come on at all

1 minute ago, kevo said:
14 hours ago, kevo said:

this is the first issue ive encountered with this router in almost 2 yrs. all of a sudden the power led is the only one working. the wifi leds and the ethernet ports arent working at the moment. 

Very confusing, is it working or not? Better descriptions helps as I read it as a dead router.

Trouble is if the lights have failed it’s hardware so you still need a new router and it could be a sign that other issues are about to pop up.

8 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Very confusing, is it working or not? Better descriptions helps as I read it as a dead router.

Trouble is if the lights have failed it’s hardware so you still need a new router and it could be a sign that other issues are about to pop up.

i just said the wifi leds and the ethernet port leds arent working 

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, kevo said:

and the ethernet ports arent working

You should have said Ethernet port LEDS are not working not Ethernet ports, they two very different things. Missing the word LED after Ethernet ports changes the subject completely. What you posted made out your ports were dead not the LEDS as they not mentioned at all in that post.

3 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

You should have said Ethernet port LEDS are not working not Ethernet ports, they two very different things. Missing the word LED after Ethernet ports changes the subject completely. What you posted made out your ports were dead not the LEDS as they not mentioned at all in that post.

the whole topic is on all  the led lights 

Just now, kevo said:

the whole topic is on all  the led lights 

Yes but when your wrote your description it looked like you had dead ports. Not having a go but it’s very important to write exactly the problem as it can be confusing which is why I thought you had dead ports even when your thread title mentioned led.

Are they working now?

Guest Killhippie
15 hours ago, kevo said:

this is the first issue ive encountered with this router in almost 2 yrs. all of a sudden the power led is the only one working. the wifi leds and the ethernet port LEDS arent working also.

This is what you should have typed, it just really helps when a post has the correct terminology. Hope you get it fixed. I'm out of here. :)

1 minute ago, Newfie said:

Yes but when your wrote your description it looked like you had dead ports. Not having a go but it’s very important to write exactly the problem as it can be confusing which is why I thought you had dead ports even when your thread title mentioned led.

Are they working now?

nope only the power led is working. it could be a bug with the beta firmware idk

19 minutes ago, kevo said:

nope only the power led is working. it could be a bug with the beta firmware idk

Dry joint or something along that line. Sadly they don’t offer repair but log into mynetgear and see if you have any warranty left just in case.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay glad priority is working. You can try going back to the 2.0 firmware but I doubt that will resolve it as I can't seeing it being a software issue.

i tried that and it didnt work

3 hours ago, Newfie said:

Dry joint or something along that line. Sadly they don’t offer repair but log into mynetgear and see if you have any warranty left just in case.

ive had this router for lke 2 yrs now i doubt it. I still got my r1 if this router just dies on me 

11 hours ago, kevo said:

ive had this router for lke 2 yrs now i doubt it. I still got my r1 if this router just dies on me 

https://accounts.netgear.com/login?redirectUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.netgear.com%2Fmynetgear%2Fregistration%2Flogin.aspx

log in here to check your warranty, mine came with a 2 year warranty. If it is click contact us and start an RMA. 

On 11/9/2020 at 1:15 AM, Newfie said:

https://accounts.netgear.com/login?redirectUrl=https:%2F%2Fwww.netgear.com%2Fmynetgear%2Fregistration%2Flogin.aspx

log in here to check your warranty, mine came with a 2 year warranty. If it is click contact us and start an RMA. 

i figured it out  it was a switch in the back of the router that controls the led lights lol i feel like a fool now lmao

6 minutes ago, kevo said:

i figured it out  it was a switch in the back of the router that controls the led lights lol i feel like a fool now lmao

Haha don’t worry, none up of us thought about that either. It’s good to hear it’s ok and thanks for the update 👍