BT Master Socket 5C Mk4

XvZ

Hey guys. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to talk about this here as it's just a forum about NetDuma -- -etc etc. However i'm guessing there are some people here who have knowledge about UK internet setup's and the BT master sockets provided by openreach.

So the BT Master socket 5C Mk4 does have a filter built in so no need for the ADSL filters anymore. However i've also noticed that you can connect an RJ45 cable to it as well as a RJ11. I did try this last night to see if i could use a RJ45 cable to my XR300 to bypass the modem supplied by my ISP ... However this did not work as i expected. The WAN light on the XR300 did not light up. I'm asking if anyone else has tried this or is it just me. It would be pretty cool to bypass the ISP supplied modem and go straight from the wall into the XR300. Following this can try and use a RJ11 to RJ45 cable to try and go straight into the XR300 or does it need to fetch all my ISP's settings from the modem. 

Just an experiment i guess. Thanks for reading this and probably thinking ... I don't know why he's trying this ... It's not going to work.  

Ok. Thanks mate. Just another question. What are your speeds like. I'm guessing you're from the UK too. I seem to have crazy ping spikes and i'm right next to my cabinet for fiber. 

I am over 400m from my cabinet and I am getting 63/14 on an up to 80/20 package with TalkTalk.

Who is your provider?

Are you seeing these spikes on an idle line or when people are on your network?

If it is when people are using bandwidth, are you using congestion control? If so what settings?

Sky is my provider. I'm seeing pink spikes while people are using the network however. When i do the connection benchmark i get A* on everything. I'm using 70 - 70 And my speeds are 74 down and 18 up 

On 11/6/2020 at 4:47 PM, XvZ said:

Sky is my provider. I'm seeing pink spikes while people are using the network however. When i do the connection benchmark i get A* on everything. I'm using 70 - 70 And my speeds are 74 down and 18 up 

Forgive me if I am wrong Fraser, XyZ do you have Auto - enable on in congestion control and classified games ticked in traffic prioritisation?
Because if you do when others play games in your property / network their there packets are being prioritised and the ping test will not be, so in affect it will show spikes on the test because the ping test is not prioritised.

I use Always / DumaOS Classified Games unticked and my Xbox manually set in traffic priority "who pays the bills round here, ME so I am having priority!" lol.