New user here, few setup questions about port setup.

Dyson350

I have the R2 and setting it up for PS4. I notice a lot of people using Traffic Prioritization for ports. I just used Port Forwarding to open the ports up. Should I remove them from Port Forwarding menu and use Traffic Prioritization  instead?? If so, why and what port setup do I use? Thanks

• Administrators

Port Forwarding and Traffic Prioritization are completely different features. Port Forwarding is for NAT purposes, making sure you can make connections properly. Traffic Prioritization is for prioritizing your game packets ahead of the network queue so you don't experience any jitter/spikes and have the best experience possible. Therefore you can use both at once.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Port Forwarding and Traffic Prioritization are completely different features. Port Forwarding is for NAT purposes, making sure you can make connections properly. Traffic Prioritization is for prioritizing your game packets ahead of the network queue so you don't experience any jitter/spikes and have the best experience possible. Therefore you can use both at once.

What do I need to put in TP for best results on PS4??

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

DumaOS Classified Games covers the console already. Some choose to disable this and add it with the game console service or make manual rules with the ports required for their specific game.

What purpose does making manual rules serve then?

• Administrators

For example, on PC a game might not be covered by Classified Games and so inputting the ports manually can be beneficial. Also some people believe choosing the ports specifically gives you a better game experience. Either way we've given people the option to experiment if they wish to.