High Ping spikes but with minuscle bandwidth being used

not sure why this has happened for about 3 games of CoD and from there it went back to normal was so strange i even enabled my QoS just to see if it lowers anything but it didnt't help mind you again this happen when their was barely bandwidth being used in the house20201101_213445.thumb.jpg.cdbc85821ec4d474f589c1b0d3e11efd.jpg

20201101_213425.jpg

• Administrators

It doesn't appear to be anything settings related as the base ping is fluctuating from 2.5ms to 38ms so definitely something modem/ISP related. Could be the above for example, would recommend getting in touch with ISP about it.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It doesn't appear to be anything settings related as the base ping is fluctuating from 2.5ms to 38ms so definitely something modem/ISP related. Could be the above for example, would recommend getting in touch with ISP about it.

so im doing my research on CRC Errors and how to fix etc i still can't comprehend on how it occurs and how a fix will be made so from that i sort of don't know what to say to my ISP but i will for sure double check my cables

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

All you need to say the ISP is that your base ping is fluctuating by about 35ms all the time and then have them look into it. They can run tests from their side usually and can hopefully see the cause or send someone out to take a look.

so i haven't called ISP up yet but i am pretty sure the reason behind of that from last night and it could be due to this graph here in between 9pm it reached to its limit and from there it became goodlidcombelink2.png.ac0d0dce87a8c1dba56020707ccce50b.png

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, so when you do the benchmark test now you don't get that crazy jitter/spikes?

i guess i could say that yeah no i don't get any of that unless heavy usage is being made from my end