3.0 walk through

10 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Normally they come in a zip which you unzip and out pops .img. You go to router, browser to the .img and the install. The router will upload and install.

i hit open where i see the zip and it still dont go through

6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Go manual and then browse your computer to where the .img is and select it then tell it to install.

6 minutes ago, Newfie said:

Go manual and then browse your computer to where the .img is and select it then tell it to install.

i hit the zip file now its just spinning like its loading

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Open the zip file on your PC, then in the window that opens, drag the .img file out of it onto your desktop for example. Then go back to the router update firmware page and click browse, then choose the .img file to upgrade.

its giving me the block sign when i try to drag it 

Guest Killhippie

Just give up it may be safer to wait for the actual release, if you cant use a zip file imagine If your router needed TFTP recovery you would be even more confused. Better to quit while you are ahead. This is meant to help and not be nasty as you are really struggling.

2 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Just give up it may be safer to await the actual release, if you cant use a zip file If you router needed TFTP recovery you would be even more confused. Better to quit while you are ahead. This is meant to help and not be nasty as are really struggling.

yea man thats crazy its not working when i click on firmware update nothing happens it say no update available 

Guest Killhippie
2 minutes ago, Coyote305 said:

yea man thats crazy its not working when i click on firmware update nothing happens it say no update available 

Thats because a beta is not an update yet its a pre update and may be unstable best stay where you are for the time being until its actually released

Guest Killhippie
14 minutes ago, Coyote305 said:

I would honestly just stay put, it will be out soon enough.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Killhippie said:

Fraser, why are people using Flash when its outdated and dangerous as a format. HTML5 is much safer also Flash is being killed off, I have not used it myself in years as Flash player is such an easy target for malware. Even Adobe are killing it off on the 31st of December this year thankfully.

Just what my OBS defaulted to, I rarely use it and didn't bother looking at the file format. I've changed it on OBS to mp4 now.

Guest Killhippie
Just now, Netduma Fraser said:

Just what my OBS defaulted to, I rarely use it and didn't bother looking at the file format. I've changed it on OBS to mp4 now.

I changed my original post. I think you deserve a knighthood, I cannot imagine what you have to deal with at times!