XR1000 Missing 2 important features

Sooo i just watched What XR1000 offers and i also read what it features in the router at my local Retail store thats available for preorder but why is it missing Adblocker & Auto QoS Configuration is that because its not ready yet?

Guest Killhippie
1 hour ago, Baturi said:

Sooo i just watched What XR1000 offers and i also read what it features in the router at my local Retail store thats available for preorder but why is it missing Adblocker & Auto QoS Configuration is that because its not ready yet?

because it has available as a download Bitdefender armor and it probably will cause issues as a running AV with DumaOS. Also Bitdefender has its own VPN. (Bitdefender is not free) tbh it seems with features missing to be the most stable 3.0 router so far weirdly enough. the XR500 beta is buggy. Also be aware one core of the triple core set up is used for packet acceleration so it does not do a lot it is more like a dual core in many ways.

• Administrators

Netgear decide what is put on their routers and sometimes we're asked to remove certain features - easiest example prior to this is the Hybrid VPN not present on XR300. That is what has happened with Adblocker, Auto Setup for QoS will probably come but we're still improving that feature at the moment generally.