Problem XR700 does not emit Wi-Fi signal

It does not emit Wi-Fi signal, I could not fix it with reset or lowering firmware. In options it appears that the 2 bands are active but none of my 17 Wi-Fi devices at home can see the xr700

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

In Settings > Advanced WiFi Settings disable the WiFi radios completely, apply, reboot, then enable, apply, reboot and see if it broadcasts properly then.

Thank you, but I already tried everything described in the forums.... I saw someone had the same problem but couldn't fix it.

19 minutes ago, xfalax said:

Thank you, but I already tried everything described in the forums.... I saw someone had the same problem but couldn't fix it.

Sounds like it’s hardware. Ignore what the GUI shows you need to verify if the WiFi is being transmitted.

18 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Double check the WiFi button on the hardware itself hasn't been pushed in as well to turn it off.

Thanks, I tried everything, but nothing worked

40 minutes ago, xfalax said:

Thanks, I tried everything, but nothing worked

It’s hardware, could you told you that straight off with the simple test I asked you to do. If it’s under warranty log into mynetgear and contact us and start RMA. If out of warranty time to think about a new router.

On 10/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, Newfie said:

If you have reset the router using the rear pin and double checked with a WiFi Analyzer that nothing is being broadcast I would suspect a hardware fault. 
I take you had to access via wired connection. 

The router works perfectly by cable...... doesn't emit wifi signal in any band (signal analyzers can't find it either), I'm afraid I have to send it to be repaired.

27 minutes ago, xfalax said:

The router works perfectly by cable...... doesn't emit wifi signal in any band (signal analyzers can't find it either), I'm afraid I have to send it to be repaired.

The XR700 is based of the R9000 which had amplified ariels which was a known issue. I believe they exchange them in warranty but outside they don’t offer repair which means a new router. 

• Administrators

Try reinstalling the firmware via TFTP and then doing a factory reset. That will give it the freshest install, so if it isn't hardware this should restore it.

https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP